Is A 2 Week Sd Really Necessary When Going From Bulking To Cutting?

Kitad

Hi, I wanted you guys opinion on something real quick.

I finished my bulk and it went pretty well. I now plan to do a cut, but I was wondering if the two week SD is really necessary in this context. I already did one week.

I just love training

I ask because from what I understeand a SD is used for improving growth but during a cut I'm not looking to grow, I'm looking to maintain muscle and lose fat.

You did not need to SD when going from bulking to cutting but what you do need to do is eat at maintenance levels for 2 weeks then start the cut, SD is generally a minimum of 9 complete days off . Good luck

As detailed in the ebook, page 63 (well that is the page when viewed on IPad) in the cutting section.

One thing I will strongly urge you to remember is to always include a week, preferably two weeks at maintenance calories between cutting and bulking. If you just finished bulking, maintain for a couple weeks before you start cutting. If you've been cutting for a few months, maintain for two weeks to normalize your metabolism before you jump back into another bulk. This is a critical component as both cutting and bulking have different effects on all the hormones in your body, so jumping back and forth between cutting and bulking is never a good idea. You also need to change your mental state. Appetite has a highly psychological element to it and shifting from a bulk straight to a cut will have you feeling like you are starving yourself all day long. Conversely, trying to bulk immediately after a cut will lead you to feeling like you are overly stuffed all day and most likely unable to fit in enough food to actually grow much anyway. If you've been cutting or bulking for a long time, just take a break from it all for a week or two and let your body and mind get back to normal before you jump into doing the opposite.

Back