is home gym enough to get big

Discussion in 'Strength-Specific Training (SST)' started by kalel21, Aug 25, 2010.

1. kalel21

kalel21 New Member

I have this home station equipment at home but is this enough to go heavy duty training. i am still kind of a novice but i have trained before and i want to start a conjugate periodization program. i am also alot more interested in strength training over hypertrophy.

2. Champalex

Champalex New Member

well a barbell with enough plates combined with a bench with adjustable incline/decline and some dumbbells will get you really far..

3. kalel21

kalel21 New Member

this is the equipment

4. Champalex

Champalex New Member

yes, but you could use some dumbbells as well..

you must be rich

5. kalel21

kalel21 New Member

ok do you have ideas on how to setup a conjugate periodization system?

6. Champalex

Champalex New Member

no i dont know what it is, but here's a piece you're on it:

"Bar speed and technique are trained with speed work (10 sets of 2 or 8 sets of 3 with a submaximal weight), maximum strength is trained with multiple low rep sets and hypertrophy is trained with multiple higher rep sets. All three rep ranges are used every week of the year (more or less)."

7. Fausto

Fausto HST Expert

Strength training will not necessarily get you big as strength is mostly neural...try HST which is a combination of Strength/Hypertrophy and light weights you could call that endurance training (what we call the 15's phase)

8. TheSeeker07

TheSeeker07 New Member

Use barbell/plates to get big, enough said.

9. Milkman

Milkman New Member

As long as you focus on getting as strong as possible, then you can most definitely get big with a home gym. I've never known a small guy who can bench press 400. My only advise is to make sure you are able to bail if you fail during a squat; if you don't have a squat rack, you may have to improvise something.