Is HST appropriate for me as a tennis player & swimmer?

I gained 32 lbs. in about 7 months then spent 3 weeks cutting about 7 lbs. and am now bulking again shooting for another 1 lb./ week. I’m on track to gain as much if not a little more than LOL (I had muscle memory working in my favour). Can’t say when the gains really started to become noticeable. Some people started commenting about me looking “thicker” after a couple of months, but now at 7 months they are very obvious with people using words like “huge” and “massive.” Something I’ve never been accused of before.

I also agree with LOL’s comment about looking bigger without cloths when cut and with cloths when not cut. Also for some reason I really have puffed up after finishing my cut and starting bulking again. Maybe it’s just that I was so glycogen/creatine and water depleted during my cut that when I added that back on the change being so sudden was obvious.

A couple of things. All the potential in the world won’t make a rats ass bit of difference unless you keep pushing more weight, eat enough food and get enough rest. In your case eating enough and rest may be very important if you still plan on playing a lot of tennis.

Bump. DOes anyone have an idea of how much bigger I'll look after one or two cycles if I've basically never properly lifted/lifted at all?

Last edited:
Worth a shot. Thanks, Totentanz, for all the help previously. For week 7&8, the FAQ says to repeat the 5RM's. Does that mean still work in increments? And should I tack on more weight?

If you can continue on and increment then go ahead. Many people move on to 3s and heavy singles. But once the weights get very heavy it takes a little longer for RBE to set in so you should still be able to make gains with the 5s. It depends a lot on how much your body can handle and if you want to risk injury pushing ever heavier weights. Another way to do it is once you hit your 5 RM keep using it until you can get a couple more reps and then add some weight working your way back up again with the reps.

Back