Is this good progress?

ok, I'll tell you. According to that chart, I am at about 20% body fat... ugh.. I have a long cut ahead of me
biggrin.gif

Your starting point isn’t that bad at all. It took me 18 months to get from 42% down to 22%. The trouble is that 42% and 22% look the same to me – and to most others who saw me, which is bad for motivation. So the most important thing is to take measurements on a daily basis to see your progress. Your progress will only become visible and clear to you by looking into a mirror if you drop below 16%. Before that, a tape and body fat calipers are pretty much the only reliable source to measure progress. I’m now at 16.8%, and it took me a little less than four months to get there from nearly 22%.

When you’re measuring the circumference of your belly, make sure that the tape goes in a straight line at belly-button height. Your belly should be relaxed and your lungs should be pretty much empty. Don’t stretch the tape, but it shouldn’t be so lose that it falls down, either.

Get some good body fat calipers. Stay away from cheap plastic stuff. I would recommend Slim Guide Skin Fold Caliper.

Start an online log. The info you get by doing this is invaluable.

Back