just finished first HST ever.....

basso

my legs sore sooo much.....wow i never went so slow.
i had few problems: in some exercises i did more weight then i should have and in shoulder press i started to do my 15 MAX and when i realised my mistake i stopped after 9 reps.
well, sorry for the mess but i just finished my workout..... :)

anyway i have few Q:
1.i did the reps right- slow and when the burn began i speeded it out. it was pretty tough and when i got to 15 i couldn't do anymore. thus it was like "muscle fatigue", well isn't it what we want to avoid
blush.gif
?
2. i feel i worked all my big muscle group o.k but my small ones are....maybe it's becuase the very light whight. is it o.k?

again sorry for the messy mesage.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (basso @ Aug. 01 2005,12:40)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]1.i did the reps right- slow and when the burn began i speeded it out. it was pretty tough and when i got to 15 i couldn't do anymore. thus it was like "muscle fatigue", well isn't it what we want to avoid
blush.gif
?

Our goal is not to avpid fatigue, only to manage it in such a way that it doesn't interfear with a 3/week training frequency.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]2. i feel i worked all my big muscle group o.k but my small ones are....maybe it's becuase the very light whight. is it o.k?

It is ok in the begining, but you should feel a bit sore even in smaller muscle groups later on in the cycle.

It is also ok you start heavier and repeat the same weights twice over the two week period. This allows heavier weights to be used on exercises that are normally done with lighter weights.

just after i finish to read the reply i see who wrote it....................................i'm not worthy, i'm not worthy( i guess i saw wayne's world one too many times).

just to get it straight - what we want to avoid is cns fatigue
wow.gif
?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (basso @ Aug. 02 2005,3:18)]just to get it straight - what we want to avoid is cns fatigue
wow.gif
?
he literally just answered that question in the first sentence of his post.

Hey basso :)

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]just to get it straight - what we want to avoid is cns fatigue ?

Yep, that's about right. We are not avoiding regular fatigue itself, like Bryan said. We just want to be able to manage it better to allow more frequent training. So yes, it's not the regular "muscle" fatigue (as you wrote it) that we are avoiding, but CNS fatigue, which is a big deal.

Regards,
-JV

Back