Leaving out squats entirely

<div>
(the_dark_master @ Jan. 21 2008,13:43)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Lightweight front squats - Tabata style, outside the rack...</div>
How would you implement the tabata protocol into the HST scheme ?

1- increasing weight workout after workout, doing the maximum number of reps per set
2- Starting from a lower number of &quot;cycles&quot; until you reach the prescribed number (8), without changing weight workout from workout.
3- Any other idea ?

And, how many times would you do tabata front squat x week ?

In a scheme like M/F Front squat, W deadlift I see two possibilities:
a- M Front Squat, W deadlift, F tabata FS
b- M/F tabata FS, W deadlift

Andrea

Guys thanks very much for the advise, some great stuff. Been looking around the internet at front squats, which I have never done before and I am also quite interested in the hack squat 6x9base13 posted up. With the advise in mind next week I intend on starting the following:

Deadlift
Bench
Row
Seated dumbell press
Chins
Dips
Front squat (OR) Hack squat - TBC
laugh.gif

Skull crushers
Barbell curls

15s x1 set - 2 wks
10s x 2 sets - 2 wks
5s x 3 sets - 2wks

I haven't yet looked indepth at negatives so it is likely I will just extend the 5s.

Any critique/opinions would be appreciated.

Looking back at this despite the fact I think my arms could use the work I think 9 exercises is pushing it a bit so may drop the last 2.

<div>
(mphowells @ Jan. 22 2008,08:22)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Looking back at this despite the fact I think my arms could use the work I think 9 exercises is pushing it a bit so may drop the last 2.</div>
Good call - the first seven exercises are all excellent choices. Your arms will grow from each one of those exercises.

<div>
(mphowells @ Jan. 18 2008,10:55)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">1 - the squat rack is poor and the safety bars are welded in place - far too high up.</div>
Is there a chance to build a block of some sort, say 2x4s side by side and put that under your feet in the rack. I used to do that years ago somewhere.

BTW, you don't necessarily have to treat Tabata as part of your HST routine. You could just treat it as HIIT cardio work. If you were going to progress the load via HST on Tabata squats, then my hat is off to you!

Back