Leonardopm's Bulking Log

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by leonardopm, Sep 25, 2014.

1. leonardopm

leonardopm Member

The only thing I could possibly put under the bar are plates, problem is that when doing DLs I have to use almost all plates on the gym.

All that I can say by now is that is hurting a lot...painful.

2. TangoDown

TangoDown Member

Hmm, ice as much as possible and see how it feels in a day or two. If it's debilitating, you might need to go in for an MRI...

You sure it's the erector? Any sciatica?

Plates work as long as you can get the bar to the appropriate height, but if you don't have enough plates, that ain't gonna work for you.

If there's no way to do rack pulls safely then I wouldn't do them at all. Considering where your DL is, I think you just need to focus on DLing heavy and often.

3. leonardopm

leonardopm Member

Thanks TangoDown.

I'm pretty sure is the erector. I took anti inflammatory yesterday but I still woke up today with a lot of pain. If I don't wake up better tomorrow I will see a doctor.

Any ideas on how should I rehabilitate from it? I'm thinking of taking a "forced" SD and doing at least a week on 15's after.

4. mickc1965

mickc1965 Well-Known Member

AFAIK rest is the only thing that will work (and do not do rack pulls if you cannot get the set up correct), well it always does for me sometimes as little as 2/3 days up to a week so maybe a forced SD is required.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
    TangoDown and leonardopm like this.
  5. leonardopm

leonardopm Member

After some days using antiinflamatory gel I'm much better. There is some minor pain in certain positions, specially when stretching the back but for the big part of daily movements I feel no pain.

I decided to turn my forced rest on a mini-SD. Next Wednesday I should return HST with around 80% of my 10RM.

Cutting time is arriving in a few months. Currently at 218 lbs. Estimated 13-14 % BF. Goal this time is to arrive at 225 lbs.

6. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Just take some rest.

Do lots of stretching IMO. Foam rolling the hamstrings and glutes wouldn't hurt. Don't touch the lower back with it though.

7. leonardopm

leonardopm Member

Returned to HST last Wednesday. Today's log:

Deadlifts 10,10 78kg
    Pulldowns 10,8,2 77kg
    OHP 10,8,2 36kg
    Squat 10,10 62kg
    Bench 10,8,2 70kg
    Calf raise 12,12,12 65kg
    Facepulls 12,12 40kg

Felt shitty today, low energy. My diet has been lousy last 10 days, lots of work and daily tasks.

My back pain returned after today's session. Not so painful as before but relevant.

8. leonardopm

leonardopm Member

Today was second session of 5's:

Deadlifts 5,5,5 94kg
    Chins 5,5,3,2 BW
    OHP 5,5,5 42kg
    Squat 5,5,5 70kg
    Bench 5,5,5 86kg
    Calf raise 8,8,8,8 65kg
    Face pulls 8,8,8 45kg

Finally returned to proper bulking and got back to 220lbs BW. BF is 13% as estimated by calipers.

Expecting to end current cycle around 225lbs.

9. mickc1965

mickc1965 Well-Known Member

How is your back now, fully recovered?

10. leonardopm

leonardopm Member

Not completely.

I still have some pain and stifness when I wake up on morning but the majority of time I'm feeling good. Funny thing is that I feel nothing when training, even during the deads. No pain at the gym.

11. leonardopm

leonardopm Member

Deadlifts 5,5,5 100kg
    Chins 5,5,5 BW
    OHP 5,5,5 44kg
    Squat 5,5,5 78kg
    Bench 5,5 88kg
    Calf raise 10,10,9,9 70kg
    Face pulls 8,8,8 47kg