Leptigen

jboy

I haven't been able to find any recent feedback on this product...at least not from a non-biased forum! I'm wondering who has tried this stuff and what opinions are out there? $100 is a lot for me to dish out on a supplement that may not work as advertised. On the other hand, I'm doing the UD2 diet and the thought of Leptigen killing my appetite and limiting muscle loss is very appealing! If you can't tell, I'm on my 4th day of heavy calorie restriction and I’m very hungry!!! Luckily my carb-up is only a few “long” hours away!

Thanks for any info, opinions, etc...!

I'm sorry I can't give you a specific reply about this supplement, but my litmus test for buying any supplement goes something like this:-

"Which will improve my physique more - $100 of supplement x, or $100 of steak"?

Dear jboy,

To kill appetite you could do several things:

1. Take EC - E has an anorectic effect that wears off after four weeks or so but this actually helps instill a discipline to not eat that can be helpful to the dieter in terms of controlling food intake.

2. Take bitter chocolate - Lindt has this 85% cocoa chocolate bar. It's one for the cocoa connoisseur for sure, but the disgusting bitterness can help kill appetite. A little piece goes a long way... Another thing disgusting is skim cottage cheese. A tablespoon or two of this nutritious but repugnant snack will really kill appetite.

3. Drink black coffee sans sugar - Any instant coffee will do. Four teaspoons of it in a cup of water will make a brew so nasty that you'd lose all appetite. And if you are taking your EC in a generic form, four flat teaspoons of the standard instant coffee is roughly 100mg caffeine....

4. A teaspoon of oil - This is debatable, but a teaspoon of oil can curb appetite and would be better than losing it and pigging out on a meal higher in calories.... I'd go with the first three options though.

5. Flat cracker biscuits breads - these are really thin crackers, and six or so don't even amount to 40 calories. Find something amusing to put on them (caviar works well if you can get them at the price I do....). Such a gourmet snack actually makes you wonder if you are dieting at all.

6. Drink water - this is a very short term solution but it could mean buying some time before will-power gives in to burgers, fries, pizza, pasta, and all the goodies we were really meant to eat.

7. Exercise - Feel hungry? Some crunches or bodyweight squats, or pushups on the spot will kill that hunger. This must be done prudently though, because, if you are severely weakened from severe dieting, exercise just might be the last straw.

The leptigen - it's just a rip-off. There are cheaper, better ways to kill appetite.

Godspeed, and happy HSTing :)

To be fair, it's not just an expensive appetite suppresant. It's designed to "trick" your body into thinking it's in a fed state even though you are not taking in very many calories. Appetite suppression is just a minor part of it.

I'm not trying to pimp Avant products. I'm just explaining how it's intended to work. I've had limited experience with it (the prototype formula).

Those suggestions for curbing appetite are probably all sound.

Thanks for your reply Jon Stark.

Leptigen just might work. But it's costly, don't you think? And to trick the body into believing it is in a fed state... you can't get something for nothing... still, we'd have to see what the research and user feedback is on this.

If it can somehow trick your body into believing it is in a fed state, you won't get a metabolic slow-down normally associated with calorie restriction. This is perhaps, good.

Then again, exercise like weightlifting and HIIT type training (one really should be lifting weights, preferably HST-style while dieting to preserve LBM) can boost metabolism while one is in a hypocaloric situation... so I am not sure if I would be paying so much for something I already have at my finger-tips, albeit in a different form.

Godspeed, and happy HSTing :)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dianabol @ Jan. 09 2004,8:04)]Thanks for your reply Jon Stark.
Leptigen just might work. But it's costly, don't you think? And to trick the body into believing it is in a fed state... you can't get something for nothing... still, we'd have to see what the research and user feedback is on this.
The science write-up:

http://www.mindandmuscle.net/page.php?pageID=128

Feedback from the various boards:

http://www.mindandmuscle.net/feedback/feedback.php?productID=5

And, as with all of our products, if you order directly from us, we have a no Q's asked 100% mobey-back guarantee (minus shipping)

But, yes, it is quite expensive (though it is far and away our least profitable product based on MSRP and what it costs to make)

Back