members list waiting

faz

why are there so many members with (awaiting authorisation) a guy on another forum told me he has been waiting over a week to post up a HST routine he was thinking of doing.

cheers lol
biggrin.gif
cool.gif

there is another guy from lyles board trying to get on as well bryan CHEVYEX is his username if you could boost him up aswell.

apparently even the guys who are registered and logged in cant reply to threads now,or email anyone for help a guy called danchubz who has registered mentioned it.

If my HSNHST.com email doesn't go through, please email me at bryanhaycock-at-hotmail-dot-com

I'm so sorry for anybody that has been waiting to post. I hate this ikonboard...it won't easily allow me to use letter recognition, etc. I desperately need to move it over to php or something.
sad.gif

I know it might be sensitive stuff, but if jv isn't around anymore and you need someone to handle it, I could probably convert the board over to something else.

if possible please remember that  Ikonboard has a nice utility

it sends emails with ALL posts in subscribed topics WITH full answers - not sure if any other board can do that

it saves me a lot of time to go thru all post in one email
and my admin does not know I am reading posts from HST forum (otherwise it would be blocked very soon)
ghostface.gif

That's a good point ZMT, but this board underwent a massive spam bot attack and now there are literally thousands of registrations on backlog. 90% of them are spammers. It takes a very long time to go through each registration one at a time to look for the signs of a bot.

I think that SMF at least has that feature, and it also has a captcha code feature to prevent registrations from spambots. I'm pretty sure PHPBB would have those features too.

I am a user on another board of SMF - and it sends only one (first) answer with full text
maybe admin couldn't configured it to sent all posts ?

not sure about current phpbb (used to use it a lot a few years ago now it seams that there are more popular board's engines) but then it was also limited to first post

Lyle's vBulletin also has the same inconvenience

just pointing to one important (for me at least  
laugh.gif
) issue

Back