Military Members And Hst

manny

I'm in the Army and there are mandatory workouts that we need to do, including running 3-5 miles 2-3 times a week. Would following this program still benefit me even though I will be doing other exercises?

You won't ever really be able to 'SD', per se, because the military are never going to give you two weeks off.

I would advise doing it for an extended 5's period only; 6 weeks at a time, then restart using new maxes. The 15s and 10s might inhibit your performance a bit much, from a a cardio and recovery point of view.

You won't ever really be able to 'SD', per se, because the military are never going to give you two weeks off.

I would advise doing it for an extended 5's period only; 6 weeks at a time, then restart using new maxes. The 15s and 10s might inhibit your performance a bit much, from a a cardio and recovery point of view.
You won't ever really be able to 'SD', per se, because the military are never going to give

So heavy sets of five for each exercise? I'm following the full body example on the home page. That would be my best bet for growth?

Best for growth is 5s. No question about that.

I would do HST for 5's;

Week 1 85% of 5RM
Week 2 90% of 5RM
Week 3 95% of 5RM
Week 4 100% of 5RM
Week 5 Try to add weight in 2.5% increments, if you can't, try to add a rep
Week 6 Same as week 5

Week 7 Take one week Off

Week 1 - Restart

Don't bother with isolations, just do compounds. The army will make sure your arms and fitness are taken care of.

Best for growth is 5s. No question about that.

I would do HST for 5's;

Week 1 85% of 5RM
Week 2 90% of 5RM
Week 3 95% of 5RM
Week 4 100% of 5RM
Week 5 Try to add weight in 2.5% increments, if you can't, try to add a rep
Week 6 Same as week 5

Week 7 Take one week Off

Week 1 - Restart

Don't bother with isolations, just do compounds. The army will make sure your arms and fitness are taken care of.

Thanks for the tips. I'll post my results after week six

Back