mmm.... What u think I should do?

Jonny

I do AM/PM splits, but i have moved house and its an hour drive to gym. I still wana do 2 wrkouts but not go twice a day.

If I did the first workout, then went on treadmill and walked for an hour, and then did the 2nd wrkout would this be okay?

NO!!!
crazy.gif

First off, that is overtraining - especially if you don't have a refeed of some sort (supplements, snack of carbs, protein shake, etc..) in between.

After your first bout of training, your body will be in catabolism - breaking down the muscle, yada yada yada

This is why post WO nutrition is important. This is also why you shouldn't do cardio immediately after weight training (unless you had slow-acting preWO protein and carbs/some sort of glucose before the cardio)

In AM/PM splits, it is recommended that there be at least three hours between the training sessions... so in theory you could do all of this if you had the right nutrition, and at least three hours between, but then think of how much time is spent at the gym.

Conclusion: go MWF 3x/week standard HST

My AM/PM workout was:

Squat
Barb Row
DB Bench
Military Press

Deadlifts
Pulldowns
Dip
Db Shoulder Press

Now my workout is:

Deads
Leg Press
Pulldown
DB Shoulder Prs
DB Bench

Wud do dip instead of bench but my hands cant seem to manage deads pul and dips al together.

thnks for input

Jonny

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Wud do dip instead of bench but my hands cant seem to manage deads pul and dips al together.

Yep, no wonder, we don't recommend such a mixture together thus the alternating w/o alternative, you can do more exercises and not get too tired!
butbut.gif

Try it! You could put back your exercises that you have left behind and get it all in one.

na i think those exercises are all thts needed really. i trained mentzer style for years and found that they are perfect in that thers no/very little overlapping.

Not to get this thread off topic but looking at jonny routine reminded me of Brian routine in the faq...which i have always been a little puzzled by.

Brian says for his routine he uses 2 sets per exercise. So say for Chest does he do 4 sets a day, like 2 sets for chest in morning and 2 in evening? Or is it 1 set in morning and 1 in the evening? I got confused on his total sets per week for his bodyparts...I only ask this b/c he is a condition lifter like myself and i was seeing what kind of volume he uses per week for this muscle groups.

Does anyone know?

Back