More Creatine questions

Dood

I have stomach problems when taking creatine, so I've started breaking up my one teaspoon dose into 3 smaller doses, one with each main meal. Will this still be effective?

Second question, is it possible to take creatine transdermally, mixed in with a transport matrix, (such as this http://www.1fast400.com/?products_id=820)
That way I could avoid my stomach all together.

I'm no expert...but I don't believe that creatine can be transdermal, but I don't know for sure.

I had a lot of problems with creatine at first. It screwed with my stomach also and at first I thought it was screwing up my blood sugar, I'm hypoglycemic, but after talking on here I found that it had nothing to do with my sugar.

So, I started to play around with it a little more, trying to take it at different times of the day so on and so forth.

I found that my first mistake was trying to slug it down in water, and take it fast.

Finally I tried it in Orange Juice and sipped on it for 5 minutes or so and I found that it didn't make my stomach queezy.

Give a try, you'll just have to find out what works for you.

Oh, and I found the low acid florida oj seemed to work great with it.

Good luck

Yeah, I've found that taking two smaller doses with food doesn't give me any stomach problems. I think taking it with my protien powder and water was what made it bother me.
I'm still assuming that taking my dosage in two smaller doses will still be as effective as one full dose, or nearly so.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dood @ Oct. 23 2004,9:12)]Second question, is it possible to take creatine transdermally, mixed in with a transport matrix, (such as this http://www.1fast400.com/?products_id=820)
That way I could avoid my stomach all together.
Due to the relatively low efficiency of the transdermal matrix, you'd have to slather on quite a bit of creatine to achieve the results that you'd get by just taking 2.5-5g/day. Other products may get away with it due to their constituents requiring much lower dosages.

Additionally, that is not taking into account that creatine itself isn't very lipid soluble, although the matrix may or may not alleviate that situation. CEE would probably work better in that aspect but you'd be dropping a lot of dough on it :)

Back