MY Diet

b0xm0ns73r

I weigh in at a whopping 180lbs. Aprox 22-23% BF. I have been stuck here for a while now. I starged my first cycle of HST last Monday. I am more interested in shedding fat. If I weigh 180, my maintenance should be around 1800 calories right? So if I eat 1600 a day and burn off 200-300 a day using cardio be it slow, or intense, theoretically I would loose 1 lb a week right? I have been stuck at my current weight and bf for a while now. I want to throw in some carb cycling. Would it be stupid to do carb cycling while on HST.
for instance
Monday - low carbs
Tuesday - extremely low carbs
Wednesday - high carbs...sort of a refuel day
Thursday - low carb
Friday - extremely low carb
Saturday - Low carb
Sunday - High carb.....refuel day
i am doing HSTtwice a day M/W/F, and only one of these is an extremely low carb days. So my carbs will only be pre and post workout.
I do about 15-20 minutes of intense cardio on workout days, and 35-45 on non-workout days.
Does this look stupid to any of ya'll? If so, let me know, you ain't gonna hurt my feelings. If ya'll think it needs tweaking, go reight ahead.
Also, what would be the best source of calories on low carb days? I have a hard time hitting 1600 as it is now.
thanks,
b0x

I would use the Katch-McArdle formula (BMR based on lean body weight) since your BF% is higher.

BMR = 370 + (21.6 X lean mass in kg)

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I weigh in at a whopping 180lbs. Aprox 22-23% BF.

lean mass (kg) = (1-.225)*(180/2.2) = 63.41kg

BMR = 1739kcal... and this is without figuring your caloric needs for your lifestyle, so throwing out all sports/exercises giving you a sedentary lifestyle.. multiply it by 1.2 and you get 2087kcals.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]i am doing HSTtwice a day M/W/F, and only one of these is an extremely low carb days. So my carbs will only be pre and post workout.
I do about 15-20 minutes of intense cardio on workout days, and 35-45 on non-workout days.

With cardio and weightlifting HST-style you will be burning (estimate??) another 400kcal.

My thoughts are to either eat at maintenance (2100) or 100-200kcal lower. As others on this board always say.. don't expect muscle gains when eating at or under maintenance, but with your BF% being as high as it, I'd think it's possible for you to have some slight gains.

I know nothing about carb cycling.. hopefully my two cents with the #'s helped you a bit.

-Colby

[b said:
Quote[/b] (colby2152 @ July 18 2005,4:30)]hopefully my two cents with the #'s helped you a bit.
-Colby
It sure does help.
I greatly appreciate the response and suggestions. And the equation.
It looks like i haven't been eating enuf calories. I have been way shy oh some days for sure.
Thanks again!

Back