My Exercises

mport1

I have been doing these exercises for about two cycles now. I do a 3 times a week HST program. Any suggestions on what I should change or other comments?

Dumbell Bench Press
Machine Row
Lat Pulldowns
Standing Bicep Curls (with EZ curl bar)
Skullcrushers
Dumbell Shrugs
Machine Shoulder Raises
Regular Deadlift
Leg Curls
Leg Press
Calf Raises

Abs are done seperately 2-3 times a week with bicycles and leg raises with a partner pushing them down.

Curls, Triceps, and Shurgs are not added in until 10s.

Thanks for your help.

Since you've done two cycles already, I guess there would be no harm in changing your routine, so here goes.

The best IMOO is still the following:
* Bench (or dips, but if you've been doing bench for so long, stick to it unless you've been having problems)
* Deadlfits
* Squats
* Rows
* Whatever metabollic work sets for arms (you can keep it simple, like curls and skullcrushers, one or two burn sets each)

That's it. For the volume, we still follow the volume rule:
Do as much as you can without sarcrificing your ability to train frequently. Simply put, that means do as many sets as you can as long as you can still train 3x a week (which you said is how frequently you train). So if that means you can do 3 sets of bench, do that. If you can squeeze out 2 sets of squats and deads per workout and still train 3x a week with no problem, do that. If you start to feel you need to reduce volume a bit, listen to your body and do that.

When you get to your standard 5RM phase, always include metabollic work sets for bench and rows. If you can manage, also do metabollic work sets using deads and squats. Personally, however, 15's of deads and squats seem like torture, so you can just leave them out and instead use another exercise for metabollic work like maybe a burn set of a leg curl and a shrug - whatever is most convenient for you. Personally (just me), I don't bother, really. When I reach my 5RM phase, the metaboolic work I do is only for the bench, rows, curls and skullcrushers.

There. Focus only on heavy lifts. Saves you all the trouble of having to go through "secondary" exercises.

Regards,
-JV

Thanks for the replies. With dips, how would I add them if there is no weighted dip machine at my gym? Also, are there any other suggestions for exercises?

Is a dip belt different than a weight belt that you would use for squats? I want to start doing my dips and chins free weight soon now that I built up my strength.

yep, instead of a belt to support your weight it's a belt with a chain at the front which you can unhook, put a nice big weight plate on it and then rehook, then you have a nice big weight hanging between your legs!

Best thing I ever bought workout wise.

Back