my first HST cycle with results

mrh

first, I would love for you guys to tell where I need to make changes and what the results tell you. BTW- my diet was awful during this cycle. back in march I was at 178 lbs and went on a clean diet with light lifting and cardo and got down to 149 lbs. so I know I can eat clean, I just have to get my mind set right again? anyway, I know everyone here says you cant make gains on 15's but that seems to be where I made my best gains. no doubt the lack of good calories keep the gains down in the 5's. I only got to do 3 weeks of 5's since I came down with a bad sinus infection saturday and am too weak to lift, so I will just use this time as a sd and when I start back I'm going to fix my diet (i'm still trying to cut since Im carrying some fat in the midsection). I estimate Im around 13-15% BF. and I will start back with 15's to check any growth there and because my joints are giving me trouble. The biggest issue right now is I cant do the cardio (treadmill) because of a bad knee, I'm looking to get a ellipitical ( I work out at home) so. here is my results with the routine following.
part............start...............15's.............10's...........5's
chest.........41.5"..... ........42"...............41.75".....41.5"            
waist..........35.75"...........35"................34.50.....34.50
hip.............35.50"...........35.25"............35"..........35"
bicep..........13.5".............14"................14"..........14"
forearm.......11.5".............12.................12".........12.125"
thigh...........21................21.75.............22..........22.25"
calf............14.125"..........14.5".............14.5"......14.75"
neck...........15.................15.5..............15.5"......15.5"
weight.........161.5 lbs......158.5 lbs.....157.5 lbs...158.5

chest- no change
waist -1.25"
hip -.25"
bicep +.50
forearm +.75"
thigh +1.25" wow
calf +.50"
neck +.50"
weight - 3 lbs

my routine:
The 15's are 2 sets each
      10's are 2 sets each
      5's -the first 2 weeks are 2 sets following by a drop set
      5's the remaining weeks are 3 sets no drops
exercises are listed in order
sun-tues-thurs pm
alternate flat bench/incline
seated cable row
ez curl bar
alternate cable press/lying tricep press
military press
wrist curl
mon-wed-fri pm
squats
leg curls
hamstring curls
standing calf raises
barbell shrugs
from my stats it does appear I am loosing some body fat by the fact that although my weight is staying the same I am adding inches in places like legs/arms but loosing a bit in the chest,hips and waist. I believe the chest issue was because I was carrying some fat around my man boobs:) because my chest although is slightly smaller it is more defined now. also I attribute my leg growth to the fact that when I was lifting on my old routine legs were often overlooked. I made it a point to do legs,especially squats religiously.
so other than the obvious diet issue what if anything can my results tell you guys I need to work on? thanks alot and I love this Hst. btw I was doing max ot for 3 months before I did a SD and started HST with very little results

What is your goal? Do you want to bulk up or cut down? You need to figure out a clear goal and pursue that one. You aren't going to make very good muscle size gains while eating at maintenance.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Totentanz @ Sep. 28 2005,11:32)]What is your goal?  Do you want to bulk up or cut down?  You need to figure out a clear goal and pursue that one.  You aren't going to make very good muscle size gains while eating at maintenance.
you are right. I've sorta been stuck in the middle..eating too much to cut but not enough to make excellent gains. right now my goal is to try to maintain what muscle I've gained and cut some more fat. I really dont want to start a bulk until I see my 6 pack. Im close...I can see 4 of them. :). Im still carrying a little fat around my midsection. my goal is a deficency in the cals. for the next 8 week cycle and if I get there, then I will start my bulk.

Back