My first HST .... need YOUR EXPERIENCE.

amostafa

Gentelmen,

After alot of readings about HST, and reviewing most of the posts in this greate forum, i come up with my training program for the first cycle...

my cycle will take 8 weeks, and i want to start it ASAP, but i want to be sure that what i will do is right... plz, give me your comments, is it ok or not, do and don'ts about my whole program.. so that i can start with confident...

your help is highly appricated.... thanks in advance.

below is my program details:

1113396631.gif

Program Comments:

(1) I gut the HST calculator from this forum (thanks to [email protected]);, and i made some modifications as shown.

(2) I measured my max. Weight of the 15 RM for each exercise and put it into the red “6” titled column under the 15 RM.

(3) I still did not finish messering my max weight for some exercise that is why some exercise with empty values.

(4) I make the calculation for the whole 1st cycle as shown above.

(5) The two ways bended arrow means that I switch between both exercises (one workout with the first exercise and the next workout with the second exercise, and so on…).

(6) I will do the 15 RM phase in 2 weeks (3 workouts a day), same with 10 and 5 , and 2 (Negs) RMs.

(7) Each exercise will be 1 to 2 sets max.

(8) After this cycle I will totally rest for one week, and then start my second cycle adding 15 pound to all weights in the first cycle.
 - In the off days, I will do the following:
 - Swimming for 20 minutes
 - Abs: Crunches for 20 minutes
 - Sauna for 15 minutes

Warm-ups:
 - Jogging until sweat For 5 minutes
  - General stretching for 5 minutes
  - Before each exercise, weight lifting do the following 2 sets:
  o 10 rep of 50% of the weight
  o 2 rep of 80% of the weight

After the each workout:
  - General stretching for 5 minutes
  - Hot tub

Thanks very much....
Ahmed

Ahmed, well you have a plan that's for sure.

Everything looks OK once you get your maxes plugged in for the ones that are missing.

My only question, are your maxes correct?

For example, you are lifting heavier in the DB shoulder press than in your Incline Bench, I find this odd, but if they are correct then that's fine.

Give it a whirl  
thumbs-up.gif

dkm1987, thanks for your reply...

you are totally right, the weights of the inlcine Bench Press and Bensh Press was wrong, they should be 60 and 70, in the last workout of the 15 RM....

is what i gona do in the Off days is fine?

is the warm-up is ok or do i have to increas it or reduce it?

is the after work out if ok?

For your dips, it'll most likely get easier as the reps get fewer. I think it's a good idea to factor in putting a dumbbell between your legs.

Ahmed

Your program looks tight, I am assuming you are doing 1 set each? Right?

Perhaps one your 2nd cycle add laterals to the mix alternated with mil presses.

One other thing, once you get to 5's add some weight for the chins, I know this one is a real tough one but man it is worth it, I also agree to do the same for dips, hell of an exercise.

Fausto

Fausto, thanks for your post..

well, i agree that the program looks tight, i am enthusiastic a little bit... what do you think if i focus on the muscls that i think shap the body, so what is your openion if i made the following:

The following exercises to be 2 set per workout:
----------------------------------------------
Legs
Chest
Shldrs
Traps

The following exercises to be 1 set per workout:
----------------------------------------------
Back
Bis
Calf
Abs

what do you think is it still tight?

about your openion to add mil press alternated with leterals, i really do not understand the differance between mil press and shoulder press!! is there a differance?

Amostafa

Still looks tight sir!

I would just watch during the 15's with the two sets, but hey...if you can do it no hassle
butbut.gif

The big compounds are the ones that do the most work anyway!

Not to worry, shoulder press is basically the same, but still alternate the two and it should be just dandy
thumbs-up.gif

Fausto

Back