My road to 10%

Wow...

I think I hit my first roadblock yesterday.

My bench press weight (195 lbs) felt extremely heavy yesterday. I had to cluster 5 reps (3-2) when I can normally do that weight for about 8 reps.

The rest of the workout was fine. I avoided dips thinking it would have the same result. So I did some delt and tricep ISOs to compensate.

Should I lay of chest exercises for the next couple of workouts? Next workout won't be until Weds.

No, I don't think you should. Try the same load next session and see how it feels then. It could just have been a bad bench day or a bit of accumulated fatigue setting in.

If it does feel just as difficult next session, try to get the total reps in anyway (at least 10 – cluster if need be); skip the next bench session after that for a bit of extra recovery time.

How much bw are you losing a week? If your diet is low in carbs and/or if you are losing more than 1lb/week, you could try upping your calories just a bit with some extra carbs for a week and then dropping them off again after that. That might help put a bit back in your muscle glycogen stores. If you think your diet is fine, try eating more of your carbs around workout time.

It is quite likely that the number of reps you can do with your heavier loads will drop off as your cut progresses, although your 1RM might actually improve! When cutting, I'll feel great at the start of a set of 10 reps but then fatigue will kick in much quicker than expected (compared to when I am bulking) and I'll start running out of steam at 6 or 7 reps.

Thanks Lol

I am currently at 223, Which averages 1.4 lb/week. Total of 7lbs lost I am in week 5.

I am on lower carbs. I will try what you suggested.

Thanks again.

Well the same bench load was a little better this time around.
At least I was able to get 5 reps in the first set and I clustered 4-1 the second and 3-2 the third.

I also did dips with BW only and was able to do 4 sets of 5.

Everything else was normal.

Greetings,

Went through a little depression slump the last week or so.
Back on my feet and at it again.

Starting over with the current Mesocycle.

<div>
(AKUFADUM @ Feb. 21 2008,09:14)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Greetings,

Went through a little depression slump the last week or so.
Back on my feet and at it again.

Starting over with the current Mesocycle.</div>
That is the way to go; do not fret over a bad week, and pick up where you left off!
smile.gif

Woohoo almost at the end of week 8.
And judging by the mirror it looks like I am going to have a pleasant surprise!

My only concern is it appears that my strength has dropped slightly. But I think that is because I am not taking enough carbs...

After Lol's advice I decided to carb up pre/post workout only.

But all in all I am satisified with the results I am seeing.

I am measuring Friday Night so I will post results on Saturday AM

<div>
(AKUFADUM @ Feb. 26 2008,09:12)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">After Lol's advice I decided to carb up pre/post workout only.</div>
A little &quot;choccy&quot; never hurt anybody...
wink.gif

And he are my results...

All body part measurements are pretty much the same.

Weight 221
BF% 15.4 (7 site caliper).

So after 8 weeks seems I am on track losing a little over 1lb/week.

Now here is my dilemma:
I want to maintain this weight.
Do I continue doing what I am doing?
Should cut the cardio a bit?

I completely forgot I had this
biggrin.gif

Hey guys progress seems to be going good.
still @ 220 haven't measured BF since the last time but it appears that I am progressing. The outline of the abs is starting to show and my top two abs are becoming visible.

I would say I am about 15% right now.
I have come to the realization that I may not make 10% but I will be satisfied being as close to it as possible on June 1st and continue until I reach 10%.

But I am still gunning for 10% by June 1st though.

Also I thinking of putting together some circuit training as cardio.

Hey Guys,

I have been neglecting my log.

Anyway, just a brief update.
I am at about 14.6% now.
Continuing as I mentioned earlier if I don't make the June 1st no big deal I will just continue until I make the 10%.

Though one exciting thing.
As I mentioned I my knee injuries well my deadlift is now 265 5rm...woohoo...

One Question though
I started doing Tabata with One Arm Kettlebell clean and presses.
I have been doing them on off days.
Would it be a bad idea to them Post Workout?
I was debating doing them Pre-Workout but after doing them I feel like my lungs are going to explode...

So Pre-workout is out of the question, but I don't see why I could not do it post workout.

Thanks

Hey Guys,

Well, I know now I won't make 10% by June 1st.
But I measured yesterday and I am 13.8%.

Weight is 222 which tells me I actually gained lean muscle mass!!

Well I am going to continue doing what I am doing. It seems to be working quite well. Especially since I was introduced to Kettlebells.

But, one thing that concerns me though. Maybe I measured wrong or whatever. But I still have those pesky love handles though you can see the outline of the outer edge of my abs (square) and if I flex you can even see a slight 4 pack. Do you think the 13.8% is accurate. If I have time I will try to post some pics.

<div>
(AKUFADUM @ May 30 2008,9:17)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">But, one thing that concerns me though. Maybe I measured wrong or whatever. But I still have those pesky love handles though you can see the outline of the outer edge of my abs (square) and if I flex you can even see a slight 4 pack. Do you think the 13.8% is accurate.</div>
My skinfold measurements regularly estimate me at 10% or less, yet my abs don't necessarily show clearly. I wouldn't be surprised that you've some love handles left at 14%.

Keep in mind, of course, that all these body fat measurement techniques are only estimates at best.

Great progress AKUFADUM!

Post some before and after pictures. It's the best way of seeing improvements. The mirror tells the truth and the clothes knows
biggrin.gif

Back