my routine... critiques please?

bof

Well, after reading everyone's routine critiques, i thought I'd just post up my routine and ask for other people's input. Is this too many exercises? I just looked up the information in the HST articles and based the exercises off of that. But maybe I misunderstood, so anyways, here goes:

Legs: Squat (1 set)
Leg Ext (2 sets)
Leg Curl (2 sets)
Calves: Calf raise (2 sets)
Chest: Incline DB Press (2 sets)
Dips (2 sets)
Back: Bent over Row (2 sets)
Reverse grip lat pull downs (2 sets)
Shoulders: Lateral Raise (Rear) (1 sets)
Shoulder Press (1 set)
Traps: Shrugs (1 set)
Triceps: Tricep Extensions (2 set)
Biceps: DB Curls (2 sets)
Ab exercises

At first glance I thought my routine was alot, but then after reading the articles I included the exercises that were recommended. But is it too much, or just right? Thanks

I assume this is a 3x per week routine, right?

Individual exercise comments:

*You may find it better to use a BB press or curl during the 15s and 10s, as it's easier to increment this way and you reduce zig-zagging

i.e. there's a good chance that you won't get 6 increments for DB curls for 15s, 6 for 10s and 6 for the 5s without zig-zagging a lot, likewise for DB incline press.

*Make the Incline Press into Incline Flys (low angle, say 20-30 degrees above flat) once you enter the 5s. This exercise has a better stretch than the press.

*Don't worry with lat raises until you reach the 5s. You just won't increment properly and your 10RM and 5RM are prob. pretty close.

Enjoy! :)

so with regard to the incline flys, is it worth it to switch to the incline flys for both the 15's and 10's, or just do bb presses for those and then incline flys for the 5's? Also, is there a conversion anywhere for db <-> bb weights?

thanks

Conversion? Afraid not...just play it by ear is how to do it.

And yes, use BB press for 15s and 10s - so that you can increment properly. Then once you hit the 5s, use the flys. You can still increment fine as far as the 5s are concerned, but it'll get very zig-zaggy if you try flys for 15s and 10s.

Back