My Second Cycle!!

I'll throw my 2 cents in about the deadlift since joe mentioned it. Unless you're injured, you should be deadlifting, even if it's only once a week. It's all about load and with the possible exception of squats, dead's will be the heaviest load.

Deadlifts are a great lift. Like liegelord said, you should at least do them once a week. I'd try to fit them in on the weds workout at the very least. If you are like most other guys, deadlifts will be your biggest lift.

The truth about Deadlifts:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/casi4.htm

cool.gif

Deads will work your traps sufficiently. I prefer to use conventional or over/under grip deadlifts.

Trapsofsteal:

Bishop provided a good link about the deadlift. The deadlift is so good because of the load. There is also a great carryover strength/power wise. It will improve your rowing and chinning strength. It also helps with the olympic lifts. I think the traditional, bent-leg deadlift is the best, as it allows for a greater load that a SLDL.

There's a good reason why you will not see many people doing deadlifts - they're uncomfortable to brutal when done correctly and with sufficient weight. That's because it hits so much muscle. I did 435x13 tonight and could feel it from my calves up into my neck.
biggrin.gif

Back