Myostatin Blockers

BIZ

So, Myostatin binding supplements have been out for a few months now. Is the jury still out on this one or has there been any new developments? Anyone use it or know someone who uses it? I have a 2 month supply that I am waiting on using for now. I may start using it next week, stacked with a topical prohormone.

give them a go by all means (especially since you have already paid for them) but from what i have read they are unlikely to do anything.
In short, at this moment in time they are no more than commercial hype. For a start, im not aware of the existance of any HUMAN efficacy trials. You have probably heard this already, but incase you havent, the lab studies of myostatin inhibitors involved injecting mice.
For the sake of convenience here are some things written by others on this topic:
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The creation of muscle mass in the human body differs drastically from that in mice. First humans DO NOT create any new muscle fibers after they are born unlike mice that create muscle fiber every so often. In other words the same number of muscle fibers that you had when you were 1 year old you will have when you are 20 years old. Therefore I find this product very dobtfully effective.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]You cant inhibit myostatin through a magic pill,it takes genetic alteration.Companies are just preying on consumer ignorance,this product is the biggest waiste of money.Through genetic alteration myostatin was been inhibited with amazing results on rats but that aint going to happen with this product

It is my understanding that these new products do not act on myostatin directly, but actually bind to the receptor, and therefore reduce the amount of myostatin that is able to do it's dirty work.
I am not convinced that hyperplasia cannot happen. I may be wrong, but do not think it has been proven that it can't. I will give it a shot and see if anything at all happens.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BIZ @ Nov. 20 2002,9:25)]It is my understanding that these new products do not act on myostatin directly, but actually bind to the receptor, and therefore reduce the amount of myostatin that is able to do it's dirty work.
I am not convinced that hyperplasia cannot happen. I may be wrong, but do not think it has been proven that it can't. I will give it a shot and see if anything at all happens.
i thought it suicide bonded to the myostatin protein itself?

regardless of the specific mechanism, i think the gist is that the idea has some merit on paper, but doesn't appear to pan out in real life. bryan tried it himself for 8 weeks i believe with no real results. his own conclusion (and bear in mind he considered selling his own variant) was that there was no bioavailability of the compound, and that it may bind to the myostatin protein in a test tube but couldn't get past our own digestive defenses. elzi has said that, if such a drug/compound ever does exist, it'll probably be made by some pharmaceutical company a good 5 to 10 years from now.

I was not aware that Bryan had tried it. I have a few friends that have been using it and swear by it. One has been using it for about 4-5 months now and he has gotten noticeably bigger, but not sure if that is due to Myostat or another supplement. ;)
I believe the company who marketed this stuff first said they were not convinced it would work and definitely did not beleive one could see results in the short run. It is an expensive experiment to try for more than a few months though. Do you think it is possible that if it survived the digestive process, one may benefit from it?

Hi..I tried myostatin blockers for 12 weeks and got no increases in size or strength. I tried one by avant and got about 7-lbs heavier and noticably stronger. I have been off of it for 6 weeks now and am back to close to what i was before in terms of size and strength may actualy be down a little. but myostatin and 4-ad by biotest did NOTHING for me. I like the site, t.c. and berardi-they are cool. The supplements?:confused:?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]morded Posted on Nov. 20 2002,8:27
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi..I tried myostatin blockers for 12 weeks and got no increases in size or strength. I tried one by avant and got about 7-lbs heavier and noticably stronger. I have been off of it for 6 weeks now and am back to close to what i was before in terms of size and strength may actualy be down a little. but myostatin and 4-ad by biotest did NOTHING for me. I like the site, t.c. and berardi-they are cool. The supplements??
That would lead me to believe that it did not work, especially being you gained weight and lost it again. With myostatin, the premise is that you gain muscle fibers that you will not lose, unless you were referring to a prohormone by Avant, not a myostatin blocker. I doubt Avant would have a myostatin blocker, at least not legally. I think everyone responds to these things differently, such as the case with steroids. Some people swear by Myostat, Mag-10, etc.. and then some get nothing from them, not even a placebo effect.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BIZ @ Nov. 20 2002,6:25)]It is my understanding that these new products do not act on myostatin directly, but actually bind to the receptor, and therefore reduce the amount of myostatin that is able to do it's dirty work.
Correcting myself, the CSP-3 does act on the myostatin protein, binding to it and not letting it attach to the receptor. Sorry...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BIZ @ Nov. 20 2002,10:05)]I may start using it next week, stacked with a topical prohormone.
That is not a very good way to test something. You are matching up something known to work (topical prohormone) with what you are trying to test (myostat). How will you know what to attribute the success to?

IN my opinion and from what I have read, you will get nothing from the Myostat, but since you have it you might as well use it (unless you can return it).

Good luck

Sorry my reply was a little confusing. Yes in theory the myostatin blocker should work. I just didn't see any difference. And yes I meant a prohormone when I mentioned one by avant. i threw that in there because i have tried a lot of different supplements in the hopes of finding something that works,and i do not dismess supplements out of hand because some of them do help. But in my PERSONAL experience one was the only thing i used that seemed to work. Now was the weight all just water? maybe but one is not supposed to do that. And it made me fired up and aggressive feeling like I was King Kong or something...a good side effect unless you have too much redneck genes

All compounds, before it can be shown to be effective orally,generally go through several stages of testing ... We have in-vitro experiments. Then, we have in vivo testing in animals, usually injections. If one is lucky, perhaps we can get to test oral administration.

In any case, regarding myostatin blockers, I have no idea at what stage of "development" it is at. For goodness's sakes, the idea was tested on mice with genetic mutations. ok, they also tested on mice using specific drug (probably injections) ... That was the last "scientific" bit of information I read about it.

Since then, I have not heard one iota of news that indicates proper testing, in vitro experiments simulating conditions in human body, or oral bioavailability testing on animals ...

At this point, the search for "Golden Fleece" is not going anywhere. Supp. companies have scrambled around, trying to get on the myostatin sweepstakes, hoping to get "lucky."

The chances of something like that working out is 1 in a 1000,000,000.

Alright guys, started using Myoblast and I gained 10 lbs in a week!

Just kidding!!!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Have not used it yet b/c I am sick, but will give it a go being I already bought it. I have e-mailed the guys who had the first myostatin supplement to see if they had any evidence that their product was helping people get bigger and got no reply. I have e-mailed them before with a compliment about a supplement and they replied right away. What gives??? :)

I should be quick to add that there IS a 1 in 1000,000,000 chance ... so who knows, it is just possible that Myostatin blockers will work.

If it does, don't keep it to yourself!!!

BTW, I have done some reading about myostatin research. It seems that myostatin plays a role in muscle _hypertrophy_ and NOT hyperplasia, in adult animals (Contrary to what we know so far). So, as it turns out, myostatin does not seem to be something that matters only during the fetal stages of growth.

i HAVE HEARD THERE ARE THINGS YOU CAN ORDER ON THE INTERNET THAT WILL MAKE YOU GROW 10 LBS IN A WEEK, BUT I HAVEN'T (sorry-caps lock) perused the sam's wholesale of bakery items lately. the other sites...well let's just say the man is always watching!!!

I think that there is a chance that myostatin blockers could work if they find a way for them to survive the digestive process intact. Maybe in a cyclodextrin supplement or intranasal?? Who knows.
:confused:

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I think that there is a chance that myostatin blockers could work if they find a way for them to survive the digestive process intact. Maybe in a cyclodextrin supplement or intranasal??

SEPOSITORIES
crazy.gif

does anyone know if the size of the molecule in myostatin blockers is small enough to be put in a DMSO transdermal formula?

also for the guy who thinks ONE possibly gave him water retention... ONE does NOT aromatise.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]does anyone know if the size of the molecule in myostatin blockers is small enough to be put in a DMSO transdermal formula?
Good questtion and I wish I knew. I imagine bypassing digestion would be the best way to do it, if it were possible??

Back