Neccessary to train for Function?

Never tried ABC diet...but I do remember reading an article about it years ago...when EAS founder Bill Phillips tried it and reported great gains!

If I remember correctly its like a 2 or 3 week diet were basically you eat everything insight...then you go on a cut?

If I remember correclty.

ABCDE diet doesn't work. If Aaron sees this, I'm sure he could tell you more about it, but all the guys who tried it just got fat and gained very little, if any lean mass.

The intervals they use for switching between cuts and bulks are just too short, in my opinion. In my experience, you should do longer periods in each mode. Of course with extreme calorie manipulation you may be able to get around the problem, but that requires so much time that I don't think it is worth it. For normal guys like us, it's probably best to stick to 6-8 week cycles of bulking or cutting minimum before switching, and you should really have a period at maintenance between each of them for best results.

I haven't really looked at too much of the research behind ABCDE, but I have heard from a lot of people that they just got fat off of it. Actually, I think someone may have posted here about it before in the diet section? Or I may be thinking of Lyle's board, but I'm pretty sure it was here.

I agree with the short periods.

That is were I was wondering...how efficient it would be.

I mean 3 weeks or so is not long enough (i dont think) to bulk or cut. IMO

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I mean 3 weeks or so is not long enough (i dont think) to bulk or cut. IMO</div>
Plus, as Totentanz has stated time and again, I really believe you should make the transition between bulking and cutting gradually, something like bulking for a cycle (or more cycles), staying at maintenance maybe 2 weeks or so and then start cutting. A similar notion can be found in the FAQ, too.

Cheers,
Dimitris

Back