need help with creating HST routine

Seabound07

Well i tried to put this in the right spot, sorry if i didnt
sad.gif

But i was looking at the Bodybuilding Dungeon site, i've been a member over a year there, and so many people were praising HST.

I was wondering from my standing point.. which i will specify my height, weight and my lifts.

5'7 or 5'8
196lbs
13% BF

bench press ( i dont max out) 140-150 with 5 sets of 5
leg press 675lbs with 4 sets of 7
arm curl DB 30lbs 3 sets of 6
Not alot of weight for arm curl but i try my best for form only.
BB curls 3 sets of 6 60lbs all form babi lol
smile.gif

I will post more. but i also know some of you will critize Why am i posting this info if its not related to HST? well it will be soon. i dont know how to basically create the HST routine all the way, i tried to use the basic HST calculator on the site but damn im stupid
sad.gif

I need a lil' help if anyone wants to it'd be much appreciated.

Welcome to HST!

Try this for basic:

A
Squat (back)
Chinups (Close grip/underhand grip) - +weight
Incline bench press (15 degrees)
Military press
Abs (any chosen one)

B
Deadlift
Bent over row or T-bar row or low cable row
Dips + weight
Arnold presses (d/b on bench - 75 degrees at least)
Abs (any chosen one)

1 - Find rep maximums for 15/10 and 5 reps (use Monday - 15/Wednesday - 10/Friday - 5's)
2 - Decondition (no training) for 9 days.
3 - Start by alternating the two workouts above.
4 - Train Mond/Wed/Friday
5 - Set up workouts like this:
15's - 65% of 1 RM
10's - 75% of 1 RM
5's - 85% of 1 RM
negatives - go up to 100% of 1 RM
6 - You will see a degree of zigzagging - do not worry this is normal.
7 - Include arms when you on 5's (Incline d/b curls on bench 15 - 30 degrees creates the most stretch) and skullcrushers for triceps (you can rather use higher rep ranges for these after your compounds 15's or 10's)
8 - MOST IMPORTANT - AVOID FAILURE - you can hit failure (not being able to complete rep in good form) on your last rep of each rep scheme.

I'll attach a workout worksheet in Excel for you. Just enter your rep max on the last column (outside the coloured worksheet) and it'll calculate your weights, this particular sheet has done away with most zigzagging, but feel free to enhance as you wish.

Eat above maintenance @ 300 seeing that you are +/- 13%, once you drop to below 10% you can switch to 500 calories above maintenance.

Good luck
cool.gif

seabound, be lucky !
wow! fausto it seems that you have many time, nice posting for a beginner
smile.gif
i think, now he understands it ;-)

for example dips:
go slowly down and when you go up, use your feets. or let a other person help you to go up.

dips or chins are good to make negatives, but squats or deadlifts you cant make this without a second person.

so the most people do another week with their 5rm weights.

so you are right with your statement seabound.

keep us updated how your cycle goes in this thread, and when a question occurs, feel free to ask ! and EAT !

thanks choco

I did my first day today
I found out how weak i truly am but its alright
I know from this routine i will get big
smile.gif

ok the dips and chinups are difficult for me.
Im going to do dips with Body weight, then for substitute for chinups
i'll do close grip rev, lat pull downs.

<div>
(Seabound07 @ Jun. 15 2006,17:13)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">thanks choco

I did my first day today
I found out how weak i truly am but its alright
I know from this routine i will get big
smile.gif
</div>
Did you SD first?!?!? Seems like maybe you're just jumping into it.

they will grow in this cycle too !
man you are doing chins with underhandgripp with your bodyweight for bis and dips with your bodyweight for trizeps.

man thats great for your arms! don´t you think so ?
biggrin.gif

but if you want you can add for bi and tri one seperately exercise, just to pump them at the end of your workout, but with the two exercises i mentioned above, abnsolutely no need to do this !!

man i think you are new to compounds... you will grow they are the key to a perfect body! believe it, dont fool around with to many isolation work like soooooo many people.

<div>
(Seabound07 @ Jun. 16 2006,23:13)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">ok the dips and chinups are difficult for me.
i'll do close grip rev, lat pull downs.</div>
Stick with the chins....

I started doing them at the beginning of my 10s after advice from the guys here....initially, I dreaded them and I had to cluster the reps to complete the set but, by the end of the 2 weeks, I did 10 fairly comfortably.....I've just completed my 5s and did 2 sets with 8.75kg added.....and now I love em..
biggrin.gif

<div>
(Bonio @ Jun. 17 2006,18:37)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(Seabound07 @ Jun. 16 2006,23:13)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">ok the dips and chinups are difficult for me.
i'll do close grip rev, lat pull downs.</div>
Stick with the chins....

I started doing them at the beginning of my 10s after advice from the guys here....initially, I dreaded them and I had to cluster the reps to complete the set but, by the end of the 2 weeks, I did 10 fairly comfortably.....I've just completed my 5s and did 2 sets with 8.75kg added.....and now I love em..
biggrin.gif
</div>
Dang, well hopefully same will go for me
smile.gif

Sea

Squat is still better unless you cannot do it!
cool.gif

Chins &amp; Dips, stay with body weight till the 5's as Faz suggested.

Back