Need Some Quick Advice

jcny19x

Hey everyone, since in my last post I did not get much of my answers responded to, I'm gonna make this one more precise so that I can get some quick advice.  I can eat a lot (ectomorph with high metabolism) so a few years ago I was in the gym 5x a week and I was actually growing really well (b/c I was eating like a m*## f*##@), It's just my lifts were not going up (i dont know why) BUT i could see that I was growing - when I mean 'not going up' I mean that I was ONLY doing sets of 10 and I got up to a point where I just couldnt do any more weight-.  So after my first cyle this past month or so I felt the best during 10s and 5s, but I knew I had to up the frequency. I'm SDing right now until Monday so I gotta get this straight, how does something like 15, 10, 8 sound like for a cycle with upper body M, W, F (2 sets per exercise and 5-6 exercises) and lower body T, R, Sat ( 2 sets per exercise and 3 exercises), or maybe put both upper/lower and do it 3x a week? bah I duno..
Also, I have finished my first cycle, what do I do about the weights for this next one? do I have to go back to the gym and find out my new maxes? On my final days, I did not experience that much of a difference in lifting max weights....

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]how does something like 15, 10, 8 sound like for a cycle with upper body M, W, F (2 sets per exercise and 5-6 exercises) and lower body T, R, Sat ( 2 sets per exercise and 3 exercises), or maybe put both upper/lower and do it 3x a week? bah I duno..
For sake of ease, depending on the time you have available to workout, I would just go 3X a week Full Body.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Also, I have finished my first cycle, what do I do about the weights for this next one?
No need to reestablish if you are using the same exercises, just add 5 to 10% on your previous max depending on the exercise. 5% on small muscle groups, 10% on large

wow.gif
0-->
[b said:
Quote[/b] (dkm1987 @ Mar. 05 2005,6
wow.gif
0)]For sake of ease, depending on the time you have available to workout, I would just go 3X a week Full Body.
No need to reestablish if you are using the same exercises, just add 5 to 10% on your previous max depending on the exercise. 5% on small muscle groups, 10% on large
Dkm: So, you would just stick to the original HST routine? I just wish that I could be in the gym more often...something like 4 times a week at least. Anyways, I saw your routine that you posted and its 4x a week, which seems really suitable. Could I do something like you do, and add fewer exercises and do 2 sets per each exercise then? 4 times a week? I just dont wanna get fat cause ur calories are maintained at around 2500, mine can go up to 4-5k (I'm 6/2 185 right now) K THanks man! you have been really helpful
worship.gif

- Thanks man...that helped
worship.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jcny19x @ Mar. 05 2005,7:16)]Dkm:  So, you would just stick to the original HST routine?  I just wish that I could be in the gym more often...something like 4 times a week at least.  Anyways, I saw your routine that you posted and its 4x a week, which seems really suitable.  Could I do something like you do, and add fewer exercises and do 2 sets per each exercise then? 4 times a week? I just dont wanna get fat cause ur calories are maintained at around 2500, mine can go up to 4-5k (I'm 6/2 185 right now)
Sure you can go 4X week, we must all accomodate our schedules since we all have lives (or some of us anyway) so what ever you can do to fit your workouts into your life. Just try and get in a good whole body at least 3X week. Be it splits 6X week or 3X week am/pm or whatever makes sense to you. I use 4X times a week because I don't have much time during the week but have more time on the weekend.

If you are eating right and training right some energy will be stored as fat but not as much, the partitioning affect of energy helps.

OK GREAT I am satisfied now DKM, one more thing, or anyone else who is reading this,

Are 15s necessary after you have done a cycle? Are there people on this board that don't do 15s because their muscles respond the heavier weight better?

Yes, there are some who skip the 15's. There is a poll that JeffW started some while back about this.

jcny - the 15's is necessary to strengthen the joints and avoid injuries when lifting heavy weights in the 5s. i've had a lot of injuries and i don't like being injured anymore it really sucks so i never skip the 15s :D it's actually cool when you lift very light weights and still you are bigger than some of those lifting real heavy weights.
tounge.gif

Back