Negatives

Doc_Holliday

Due to scheduling conflicts I am only doing one week of negs - i decided to use my 2RM followed by 3 negs for bench, pull-ups and military. For those of you that follow this model, do you do one set or three? I was barely able to pound out 1 rep on my second set, even with a 5 min. break for bench/military.

Basically wondering, should I:
1) Decrease the weight
2) Decrease the # of sets
3) Perform only negs, no reps on my own

For the week I planned on:
Bench/Pullups/Military as explained above, with deadlifts (3RM mon., 2RM wed/fri), and hang-cleans (5RM mon, 4RM wed, 3RM fri). I'm unable to do squats due to injury, but ill throw some 5RM leg press on wed (way too tuckered today!).

Also, does anyone suggest incorporating drop sets, burnouts, arm work, etc?

I realized I should have posted this before I started, but I thought I had a pretty good grasp of things. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Cool,

Have many sets do you do per exercise? Also, what do you do for exercises where negatives don't really apply, like deadlifts for example?

How many drops do you generally throw onto the end of an exercise?

Well you want to keep volume about the same  so one way to do it is 1 set in 15s  2 sets in 10s 2 sets in 5s and Negs.  You should also do a burn set in the 5s and Negs  (high rep till it burns
butbut.gif
This is in addition to the 2 work sets)  Regarding non spotable lifts...just do a 2 or 3 rep max but do more sets (keeping volume <total reps >the same).  You want to get a total of about 10 reps. 3 sets of 3 reps.   well that gets you 9.  This is called "clustering"  where you focus on the total reps and don't care how many sets it takes to get there.  
Hope this makes sense  --  Bob

Back