New guy (almost)...GAINS???

Al and Hammer

Not necessarily new to HST (done it a few yesrs ago) but new to the forum and I guess a new bout of training.

Anyway, I'm starting first week of 10's and am concerned about my gains so far. I only did 1.5 weeks of 15's (dont ask) and I've put on 2kgs in body weight (up to 66.3 now...avg 3300kcals/day).

The Q is: I haven't seen an increase in size (ie. measurements). Is this right? Doesnt sound so to me. Actually lost .5 ins off Bi's!!!
I'm happy atleast in that I'm eating quite a bit and the weight IS coming on. I just cant see it (or measure it other than on scales).

I'll see what happens after the 10s but just thought I get some opinions -- maybe I'm expecting too much too soon....tho I DID see gains during the same time frame when I did HST back in 2003.

Cheers
thumbs-up.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Al and Hammer @ Mar. 14 2005,4:47)]Actually lost .5 ins off Bi's!!!
I had the same loss coming out of 15s. As I move into 10s, I hope to see some improvement.

One reason offered to me was too few calories, but reviewing my diet leads me to believe my intake is too high. I'm chalking it up to water loss related to the higher intensity of a quick, full-body workout.

Just keep at it. I was hovering around the same weight I started at after the 15s, more or less, with some size increases that were probably due to water and carbs, but then once I hit the 10s, my weight started going up nicely, along with the measurements. I found that, for me, 3500 calories was just barely enough to gain weight, so you might want to experiment with your diet a bit.
What's your carb/protein profile look like regarding your diet?

Tot - My protein's usually always above 150g. Carbs are around 50%ish of intake. I'm having trouble trying to get my fat intake down but I'm working at it.

Cantbulk - I dont think my 15s were great on the whole. I've developed my routine since then and I think I've got it down. Hopefully I should see some improvement. My chest looks fuller lately though - visually...havent measured it. Also my tricep muscle looks fuller - ie. it extends down towards the elbow more than before -- if you get what I mean.

I'm 67.1kg as of last night (woohoo). The weight is definately coming on. I just hope its lean!

FYI: I'm using a weight gainer from Holland&Barrett at the moment, but will be switching to ProGain after I've finished it (bout a week and a bit). Still waiting for some creatine to turn up...shop was out of stock.

Don't forget that during the cycle and esp. coming out of the 15s, you will have depleted glycogen stores. So you won't get a totally accurate measurement for mass or size until say 3 days into your SD....will it out! :)

Back