New HST guy here

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

I wanted to introduce myself and say I look forward to posting here. I am brand new to HST but not new to lifting and eating properly. I'll post pictures, weight and bf% measurements soon. I don't have access to the internet from my place so it will basically be when I can get ahold of a comp. I read through a 140 some page pdf on HST and I liked it. I haven't gotten the size gains on myself that I feel I deserve in the past. My dedication has been there but I think I was trainining inproperly. Over the next few days I will try to devise my HST program and then post it up. Hopefully some of you generous vets can point out errors or clear up questions I may have.

Nas Man

welcome aboard! look forward to reading your routine.
cool.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I haven't gotten the size gains on myself that I feel I deserve in the past.</div>

Sounds like the makings of a good slogan for HST:

&quot;Gain the size you deserve.&quot;

As long as nobody confuses it with a &quot;male enhancement&quot; product, anyway.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">My dedication has been there but I think I was training inproperly.</div>
That's absolutely how I felt and now HST is helping me get closer to the results tht always eluded me in the past. I am sure it will do the same for you too.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Since I am coming off a injury I want to do a few weeks of fatloss. I'm going to do 4 weeks of fatloss and a week of mainetanace then the following week (my 6th week) I'm going to select my weights for for the 15s, 10s, and 5s. Then Im going to do my SD and hopefully start HST. So, in the next 6-7 weeks I will figure out my HST lifting regimen and post it up here.

Nasman

Welcome aboard!

If I were you I'd check my loading while curing the injury! That way you don't have to SD before starting and once the injury is better you can get going!

Once off I'll point out make you workout simple, stick to the big compounds and at most include just Incline curls and either pushdowns or skullcrushers for arms and nothing else in terms of isolating exercises.

Use 15 x 1/10 x 2 and 5 x 3 for your workout volume (reps)

And...well the frequency (minimum is 3 x week some would even go as low as 2 x week) but either than that it is quite up to you and the time youhave available.

Keep workouts short but intense (not HIT intense as we avoid total muscle failure) - HST views failure as a drop in form or considerable slowing of rep cadence! 45 - 60 minutes.

Eat above maintenance to gain mass - 500 to 1000 extra calories daily.

Sorry for the late reply faust. I don't have the internet at home and sometimes I don't get a chance to come here. I actually have just come off quite a few injuries and I have a hunch I am going to be layed up for some time. First I had the worst fever ever for over a week, then I dislocated my toe (man it was ugly) and finally I threw out my back. I think I stated above I have a bad back (3 bulging discs in my lower lumbar). Most of the time I feel great but occasionally one of those discs will push so hard on a nerve it will hurt me bad. I have a doctor appointment this thursday. The reason I am going to the doc is so he can clear me for a procedure called Vax-D. It's a non surgical procedure that will get the discs to slip back in to place. I figure its worth a shot bc I am young and shouldnt have such a debilitating injury. Anyway, I started my fatloss and my plan is to get to about 10% bf before I start HST. I'll keep you guys updated and thanks again.

Nas Man

HST will change the way you look.

I've found just the basic general routine the best routine I've ever used.

Have fun with it!
biggrin.gif

Nas...

No problem there dude!

Sounds like you better be careful when doing squats and deadlifts but nevertheless, get yourself an elastic brace and go about slowly!

Get on your program som elower back exercises to straighten out your back problem and you will soon be fine.

Always here for more help!
wink.gif

Fausto I have had this injury since I was 14-15yrs old. Unfortunately for me it won't get better no matter how strong I get. I have really strong abs and a strong back. Like I mentioned before I am not new to lifting just new to HST. Anyway, I have some questions here that I am hoping someone could clear up. I checked through the FAQ section and I didn't see it so Im going to ask. I apologize if the answer is on here somewhere but I rarely get a chance to use the internet so I don't have alot of time to search for it.

From what I understand you find your maxes and then work up to that max over a six week period?

If my 15 rep max for bench press is 85lbs then do I build up to 85lbs over those 6 workouts in that two week block?

Then for the next two week block (the ten rep range) you build up to what ever your ten rep max is over the next 6 workouts again?

Then finally you have your 5s and you build up to your 5 reo max over the next six workouts?

This sounds like I am missing something. I mean, if your using 15 as your rep range you are already lifting pretty light. So if I need to build up to my 15 rep max over 5 workouts that would mean my first week, workout number one (monday) would have me benching arouond 30lbs??

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">This sounds like I am missing something. I mean, if your using 15 as your rep range you are already lifting pretty light. So if I need to build up to my 15 rep max over 5 workouts that would mean my first week, workout number one (monday) would have me benching arouond 30lbs?? </div>

No...You got it right! But...you don't have to go that low...just try this, let's ay your 15RM=85, then:

75, 75, 80, 80, 85, 85 or even 60, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85

<div>
(etothepii @ Sep. 10 2006,08:11)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">&quot;Gain the size you deserve.&quot;

As long as nobody confuses it with a &quot;male enhancement&quot; product, anyway.</div>
Is there an HST program for that?

Seriously Nasadowski, this may be just what you needed.  I personally prefer lifting heavy and working for strength.  I stumbled across HST looking for somthing lighter to do while recovering from an injury.

The size gains (which I've never gotten before) are simply astounding.

If you haven't gained the size you seek from other principals, this may turn out to be perfect for you.  I was totally shocked at what this has done for me in only a couple of months.  It may be the same for you if your nutrition is in perfect order.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Is there an HST program for that?</div>

No siree
laugh.gif
that is funny though
laugh.gif
you may wanna try Jelking or something like it, but that is not a muscle so hypertrophy of that particular gentleman
laugh.gif
is done in some other way, definitely not with HST!
laugh.gif

Ok Fausto I think I have it right now. When I finish devising my HST program I will post it up. Thanks so far.

Nas Man

<div>
(Fausto @ Sep. 28 2006,01:50)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">No...You got it right! But...you don't have to go that low...just try this, let's ay your 15RM=85, then:

75, 75, 80, 80, 85, 85 or even 60, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85</div>
Good information. Thanks.

I was wondering the same thing. I thought my first few workouts would be with fairly low weight.

Squat
Stiff-Leg Deadlift
Inclined Bench Press
Chins (Wide Grip, Narrow Grip)
Rows (Wide Grip, Narrow Grip)
Shrugs
Shoulder Press
Lateral Raise
Rear Delts
Dumbbell Curls
Lying Triceps Extensions
Calf Raise
Abdominal Crunches

I pulled this off of someone elses sample HST program. It looks like it incorporates all the necessary compound exercises. Are there any here that look like un needed isolation work? Also I don't exactly know what the 'rear delts' exercise is supposed to be. Its stating a muscle group not a exercise and doesn't the bent over rows hit your rear delts? Also how long should the rest intervals be in between sets?

Thanks fellas
Nas Man

<div>
(Fausto @ Sep. 28 2006,15:32)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"> <div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Is there an HST program for that?</div>

No siree
laugh.gif
that is funny though  
laugh.gif
you may wanna try Jelking or something like it, but that is not a muscle so hypertrophy of that particular gentleman
laugh.gif
is done in some other way, definitely not with HST!
laugh.gif
</div>
I'll just stick with the high workout frequency.

Nas,

I think that sample programme has too many exercises for a beginner

you could try

military press
Squat

bent over row
close grip pull up
bench

Rear delt exercises

http://www.leehayward.com/rear_delts.htm

yes bent over rows will hit the rear delts, I feel it especially there if i consciously bring my shoulders together.

Back