New HST guy here

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
Ok my bad I posted without reading your info properly
biggrin.gif
. Your new to HST but not new to lifting regularly, I still think that programme is solid. Squats are ATG, you could alternate with deads or add SDLD if you want.

It's cool style. Thanks for taking the time and looking it over. This week I started figuring out all my maxes. I still need to do my 5's this Friday. Then I am taking nine days off and returning to do a full cycle of HST. Also I took my bf% a few weeks ago and it was 11.5%. I should be close to ten if I am not in the mid tens yet. After I figure out my maxes for my 5's I am going to load on creatine for my upcoming HST cycle and then I will post all my stats. I want to make sure I take my measurements after I loaded on creatine and again at the end of my HST cycle before I quit using creatine. That way they will be as accurate as possible. Like I said before I have been lifting for about 5 years pretty consistently with mediocre gains. So I def have my hopes up for HST to change that.

Nas Man

Also after reading more from each of the trainees here I have no idea what rep range to be working in. 15sx1,10sx2 and 5x3?? That was what I was going to start with but now I am seeing a ton of people saying this didn't work well for them. Should I bump up to 5x4 or x5 at the end? I have no clue right now. I think I will stay with the first one I listed but any advice is appreciated.

Nas Man

Hey mate,

I'm new here too, but have been reading the forums for quite sometime before I signed up.

Most (95%) of people had always said to stick to the basics for your first few cycles. It is always highly recommended to just start at the basics.

Cheers,
Byron.

Back