New to HST

sidewayzisbest

Well i came over from bulknutrition.com and they recomended this. I lifted for about a year. Im 18 170lbs 5'11. Im looking for a bulking mass. Im still learning the concept of it but im learning more and ill give it a try. But i do have to do cardio 2/3 times a week so idk how bad thats going to hurt me. I need to stay somewhat in endurance shape since im leaivng to basic training but thats not till jan.
I was going to do the Am/Pm split workout type deal 3-4 days a week. Now i need help picking exercises and need a lil help with the calculator.
Also what exercises do i need to do for the am/pm. thanks sorry for newb ?'s

Welcome to the Forum and HST, sidewayz! I'd recommend a push-pull split if you're going AM/PM. Here's a sample routine:

AM (Push):
Squats
Incline (<45 degrees- try 20) bench presses
Arnold presses
Tris (I like standing DB extensions best, but your option)

PM (Pull):
SLDLs
Pullups or lat pulldowns
Seated cable rows
Bis (I alternate EZ curls and EZ reverse curls)

In other words, watch your volume, and keep it simple!
HTH-

As to DLs, sure- I'd alternate them with squats. As to forearms- that's why I do reverse EZ curls- these hit mine nicely, but may not work for you. You could also try forward and reverse DB wrist curls.

I know this is going to be a bias forum but which would you think be better for mass. The max-ot work out or the HST workout. Any help to change either of workouts would be great too if u see anything wrong with them.

Max-OT with a lil changes
1 set of 15rep warmup then 2 sets 4-6 reps (5-6 reps are failure)

Monday(legs)- squats,calf raises, 45* leg press, strait deadlifts, leg curls

Tuesday(arms&abs)-bar curls, dumbell curls, prechers, cable push downs, tri extensions (laying) ,weighted dips, dumbell kick backs, reverse barbell curls, wrist curls, plenty of abs too

Wed(shoulders&traps)-military barbell press, seated dumbell press, staing lateral dumbbell raises, barbell shrugs, upright rows, reverse flies

Thurs- off

Friday(back)-pull ups, deadlifts, barbell rows, good mornings, bent over barbells

Saturday(chest)-flat bench, incline dumbbell, decline barbell, wieghted dips
Sund-off

then for HST what about this stole it from someone on another forum

Squats & Deadlifts (alternating)
Incline bench (dumbbells)
Flies
Weighted Dips
decline barbell
Bent over row
Shoulder press (dumbbells)
Straight bar curls
Pushdowns
Machine crunch

n/m i decided im going to do the HST

So

week 1 - 15 reps
wk 2-4 - 10 reps
wk 5-8 - 5 reps

is it better to do am/pm split or just do it all together?

I am doing MWF 2x a day, but each is a full body routine, not a split. I like it because the volume is lower and I'm not wiped out and fatigued.

I have also made good strength gains.

Back