New to HST....

<div>
(bigmex @ Jan. 19 2007,16:31)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">i have a quick question, you mentioned in the simplify and win thread the following:

Volume - again for begginers
15 x 1 set / 10 x 2 sets / 5 x 3 sets, other variations can be used but this one seems to cause the most gains overall.

does this mean that for the whole hst cycle whenever i see an exercise that consists of one set do i do 15 reps for 1 set during 15s, 10s and 5s 2 week blocks?  i'm kind of confused.

because i am using the sample that's on the second page of the hst article.  the workout that starts out with legs using squats and sldl.</div>
Don't go crazy over this, the beauty of HST is that it is very flexible and aslong as you follow the basic principles you will see gains. During the 15's I only do 1 set for compounds (Squats, Bench, bentover rows, dumbbell presses) and I do not do Iso's. Thats it. Just 4 exercises just to get the body primed for the heavier weeks ahead.

Then during the 10s and I do 2 sets of compounds and 1 set for isos and during the 5's I do 3 sets of compounds and 1 set of isos. Then the last two weeks I do drop sets.

The gains Ive made are quite impressive and I get compliments all the time.

HST is like a god send to workouts. It not only works but you are not in the gym for 1.5 hours 4 days a week.

Good luck

Runjor

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">My problem seems to be a range of motion thing as well as a complete lack of stregth, but it is really uncomfortable on my shoulders to do the chin ups. Maybe i need to look at my grip.
</div>

Try to do a reverse grip (fingers facing you) with hands close to each other between 4 - 8 inches, that should change things quite a bit, and...if you do this you can easily skip bicep curls.

Chins are usually a bit difficult for some people, so use the assist machine in the beggining, but try to loose more and more assisting pounds as you can until you are doing your body weight!

Then later you'll be able to add weight to it!
wink.gif

Fausto,

I will definitely try the reverse grip.

Thanks for the advice...

another question:

I am doing the 15's now, do i only do that for 2 weeks?

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I am doing the 15's now, do i only do that for 2 weeks?</div>

Yep, each rep scheme is for two weeks, except the 5's if you are not doing negatives (for lack of a partner), which miost of us stretch out to 4 or even 6 weeks.
wink.gif

Back