nutting out frequency

What I really like about high frequency is it means you can miss a session or two without worrying about it.

If I'm going 3x a week I start getting frantic if something comes up so I have to skip a day whereas skipping a day on a 6x a week programme is no big deal.

Also I'm trying to get fitter so I do cardio after weights so 6x a week cardio has to be a good thing from a health point of view.

6x cardio per week, following the weights is waaay more likely to lead to CNS and/or general fatigue than 6x weights.

Generally I'm happy to do cardio straight after my workout as my weights last 40 mins max so the whole thing is done in under an hour, it's always interval training or hiit so it could be viewed as anabolic in it's own right and I have a maltodextrin & whey shake before and after.

So not worried about lack of glycogen/increased cortisol levels etc but I'd never considered CNS fatigue,,,
crazy.gif

I'll see how it goes, I've only just finished the 15s during which I was only doing 4 sets in total so not much chance of fatigue there! A good time to concentrate on more cardio actually, might drop off as the weights and sets increase.

I hate the 15's mostly since they are so aerobic and I sweat a ton, but then again that's the reason why I love them.

Of course frequent cardio can cause CNS fatigue, depends on your intensity and if you're coupling it with lifting, eating properly, sleeping etc.

but if he is done in under an hour same as me ..weights and cardio ...shouldnt that be OK..i thought cortisol was released after an hour..

Well I will echo what Jester said in this response.. if you ample enough of sleep and preWO nutrition, then you should be fine with that. Regularly I will run to the gym (10 min), lift (30-40 min), and run home (10 min.)

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]But on DKM's board they show studies showing that more than 2-3x week really doesn't show much of an increase.

In a lot of studies there is even an advantage for the 2x per week. 1-2 Meta studies found the "ideal" frequency per muscles to be 2 days per week.
For lower back muscles the ideal frequency according to studies is 1x per week.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez....bstract

I'm assuming that in very few if any of those studies people were training using sub maximal weights?

Back