Olympic Lifting Sites

Discussion in 'Strength-Specific Training (SST)' started by Claudio, Mar 2, 2004.

1. Claudio

Claudio New Member

I am moving towards wanting to do more olympic lifting but there is a real lack of information out there.

Whereas I can see a hundred different types of powerlifting training articles the only stuff on olympic lifting apart from an article at deepsquatter.com for beginners mostly relates to technical stuff without prescriptions for sets/reps etc. Normally, I wouldn't follow a canned program anyway but since I am rel.new to O lifts I want to work off a generalised program first. Anyone know any good training programs out there for beginner/intermediates?

2. BrianG

BrianG New Member

I have also looked around for stuff online but found next to nothing. However, "An Introduction to Olympic-Style Weightlifting" by John M. Cissik, 2nd edition, has most everything a beginner might want including detailed explanations of snatch and clean-and-jerk technique, practice exercises for them, and sample training routines. I bought the book from Amazon from about $25 US.
    Also, you might look at t-nation.com and do a search for "snatch" and "overhead squat". USA Weightlifting may also have some stuff (look within "Coaches" and under "Coaches' Corner --> Articles").

3. mark litherland

mark litherland New Member

hi you might want to try tomgorman.moonfruit.com this will show abreakdown of the olympic lifts as well as video clips of both the snatch and clean/jerk. :)
    cheers mark

4. BrianG

BrianG New Member

5. BrianG

BrianG New Member