Pavel Tsatsouline

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Use everything available, in the best way possible, that should be ones motto, IMHO.</div>

Granted! I do just that.

However I'll only consider doing for example kick backs once my arms have &quot;swollen&quot; to at least 17&quot;, then it is worth working on the horseshoe for sure!
cool.gif

I followed PTP-strength cycle and I saw strength increase.

I followed his hypertrophy (Bear program). It was OK. He is wrong about using chinups to build arms. My arms stayed the same.

My arms increased much more with HST (included isos).

<div>
(Slapshotz @ Apr. 30 2007,17:49)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">always striving for PRs on every session.</div>
how do you do that without getting burnt out and losing strength? Do you do a max lift with one exercise per session, using a different exercise at each session each week?

<div>
(SweetDaddyPatty @ May 27 2007,15:27)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(Slapshotz @ Apr. 30 2007,17:49)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">always striving for PRs on every session.</div>
how do you do that without getting burnt out and losing strength?  Do you do a max lift with one exercise per session, using a different exercise at each session each week?</div>
SDP,

I have no &quot;schedule&quot;, per se. I have some very broadly-defined goals, and I use my experience and what my body is telling me to achieve them.

For example, yesterday I did squats. I know my next workout will be focussed on pullups, but I couldn't tell you when that will be. As long as my legs are uber sore like they are right now, I'm going to wait.

It may take 2 days or it may take 3, but part of the tradeoff of lifting heavy is that you need longer rest, or at least that's been my experience. Sure, even with longer rests, I need SD like everyone else, but I can get more bang for my buck by simply taking the day off if I feel a little worn out rather than trying to stick to some predetermined schedule.

Some days, I don't even know what I'm training until I walk into the gym
laugh.gif

This is not an approach I'd recommend, tho. It's taken me years to get to this comfort level, and I don't think it would be useful for a hypertrophy routine. It seems to work really well for strength gains, however.

<div>
(stevejones @ Apr. 30 2007,19:36)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Thanks for all responses. Guess I'll just stick with this 3 set/3 reps stuff part of advanced 5x5 until competition.

I was so hungry all the time on that sheiko routine that I'm about 282 right now, and want to be under 275 by June without losing strength. Shouldn't be a problem though.</div>
282?!? damn congrats!

I didnt think anyone on the hst boards was that big. Did you venture over to the dark side? if so, what did you get up to before crossing?

if not, what is your bf%? If it is under 12%, I am blown away, as I didnt think that was possible for natty guys!

<div>
(jwbond @ May 28 2007,17:33)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(stevejones @ Apr. 30 2007,19:36)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Thanks for all responses.  Guess I'll just stick with this 3 set/3 reps stuff part of advanced 5x5 until competition.  

I was so hungry all the time on that sheiko routine that I'm about 282 right now, and want to be under 275 by June without losing strength.  Shouldn't be a problem though.</div>
282?!? damn congrats!

I didnt think anyone on the hst boards was that big.  Did you venture over to the dark side?  if so, what did you get up to before crossing?

if not, what is your bf%?  If it is under 12%, I am blown away,  as I didnt think that was possible for natty guys!</div>
282 is easy when you're a fat ass. I'm about 20% right now.

<div>
(stevejones @ May 29 2007,01:22)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">282 is easy when you're a fat ass.  I'm about 20% right now.</div>
Busting your leg qualifies you for extended fat ass leave.

Back