Personal trainer

Matt Proctor

Hi there!

I am looking into the possible career of being a personal trainer, just looking for any recommendations of highly rated courses (at a cheap rate ideally)?

I have been doing a little research over the past month or so and I am looking to do an independant study course as I am in the final year of my degree at the moment.

The course that I have found is the certified fitness trainer from the international sports science association, has anyone had past experience of this program? would you recommend it at all? If not, what course do you recommend? Any advice would be greatly appreciated... By the way I am in the UK, so if the course you recommend can accomodate for this that would be good. Cheers.

There are quite a few officially recognised qualifications that will get you onto the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPS), check out www.exerciseregister.org for details.

The main players are YMCAfit, CYQ and OCR (qualifications offered by many different organisations) and Premier, I'd have a look at all of them and go with who suits you the best.

Back