Pic is up

I had sent several days ago my comment but for some reason I don't see it in the thread... so... let me try to summarize.

The pics look good, I think a good work and in relation to your concern about the body fat.... I really believe that when you were at 9-10% (your first pic) you may not have been at that body percentage...... I would have thought at 12-13%.... the reason I believe so (and perhaps is the light, I don't know) is that the vascularity on your arms is low... at 9% the veins in your arms should be noticeable a lot... so, actually you may still have acceptable genetics and perhaps need to go further down.... try different calipers or other method of measuring body fat... just as a cross-check

Well to add to the confusion.

My work has our bodyfat tested every 4 months.

So the nurse takes 5 caliper test yesterday on me...including pecs, thigh, stomach love handles, back triceps, and one other spot...well they have a computer that monitors our progress. According to ther 5 spot caliper test which is suppose to be the most accurate with the exception of underwater static testing.....there results showed me gaining three pounds of muscle...and my bodyfat was recorded at 7.8%...which has got to be complete BS.

I had them check it twice and she said nope you are 7.8%....with my belly fat #'s coming down from last time.

There is no way i am this low in Bodyfat and not have abs..plus I dont think I look no were near that low???

Man i am confused!
rock.gif

Joe, I think you need a few pics showing flexed poses so we have something more to go on. Some guys physiques look normal when standing relaxed, and seemingly "come alive' when they hit a pose or two. I can understand that you want to show a comparison before and after, but perhaps one additional shot flexing will help. (Maybe a flexed ab shot or something)

Joe, I think you need a few pics showing flexed poses so we have something more to go on. Some guys physiques look normal when standing relaxed, and seemingly "come alive' when they hit a pose or two. I can understand that you want to show a comparison before and after, but perhaps one additional shot flexing will help. (Maybe a flexed ab shot or something)

holy cow, the nurse must know how to take measurements...... but it is weird, I may be wrong, the only reference I have is myself and I got as far down as 8.5% and looked really ripped (but without big muscles, he he he), vascularity even in the globe of my eyes
biggrin.gif
... to have a 7.8% reading in caliper you need to have like 2 mm fat thickness and that is really low.... I wonder what may be....... perhaps try to get to "4%-5%" according to the nurse's caliper and see how you feel and look.

Yeah, a standard double-bi pic would help, as would a chest flex and maybe a back. The back can really reveal a lot of bodyfat in the lower back that wouldn't be as easy to judge from a simple frontal shot.

Back