Pictures are up

Quad: I am from sweden and yes I am quite straight-trunked. Although I think my lats are quite good and I have a little v-shape because of that :)
Yes cardio is said to be the cure for visceral fat, but I guess you cant do much cardio because of your pacemaker?

<div>
(quadancer @ Mar. 06 2007,15:19)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Obviously you weren't here for the news about the heart.
http://www.hypertrophy-specific.info/cgi-bin....adancer
I was very restricted in that. I still haven't done a lot, since I just hate it, but I can when I want to. Not in very good cardiovascular shape I admit, from not doing much of it, and I've almost stopped skating since getting married.</div>
Wow it seems your heart has improved. Why not consider some low-intense cardio once a week?
Maybe take the wife with you and go skating?
smile.gif

Morgoth: from every study I saw on burning visceral fat, the analysis results were the same: low cardio does nothing, moderate does a little, and it gets better the harder you hit it. I wish there was a test for it, other than Mag Imaging.

Bulking, not skating, and just doing 5x5 stuff has taken it's toll; some of it has to be visceral I'd expect.

How were the studies set-up?If it was only cardio, without caloric restriction, that may make sense.

Think of it this way, visceral fat has super high blood flow compared to other fat AND it`s extremely sensitive to catecholamines AND resistant to insulin`s effects...it`s begging to be exercised away. And from all that I know, once you`re down to about 12-15%, unless you`ve been juicing a bit, you should have little to no visceral fat.

Edit:common bro-knowledge is that visceral fat gives you a pregnant-look, and that it makes your belly hard:you`ve still got abs(if you don`t have much subcutanaeous fat, like in your case), but they`re being &quot;pushed&quot; outwards(**** wording, i know, but it`s kinda late here). That may be a first test you may perform.

What a hi-jack of Joes thread!
But this was an interesting discussion. I think I might learn something here.
smile.gif

So now we need to know, can we get rid of visceral fat through moderate cardio and calorie deficit or do we need intense cardio.
tounge.gif

My belly is protruding (is that the word?) where my lower abs are (hiding), I don´t know if this is visceral fat or if its just organs and/or muscles.
If i pull my belly in i get thin below my ribs but not so thin at the lower region of my belly. it has been that way now for several years, both when bulked up and now when &quot;semi-cut&quot; (maybe I can take a picture to show what I mean)

I have been wondering for a while if I have a lot of visceral fat which needs to be burned before I start seeing some real definition. Because the weight continues to go down and I have difficulties seeing any diffrence, also my strength still seems good so I dont think I have lost any significant muscle mass yet.

<div>
(scientific muscle @ Mar. 04 2007,20:32)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Nice arms!
...yeah, I am not sure I want to go to six-pack levels anymore.  Everytime I get low enough to get blurry abs I get irritable and I can't seem to lose any more fat without losing alot of strength.  Screw it, some guys are built lean, some just are not.  I don't think I am willing to get 'shredded' if it mean losing strength.
I just want to get as big and strong as possible without becoming a lardass.  Don't we all!</div>
IM with you Sci.

I don't think my bodytype is built to look lean.???

<div>
(Fausto @ Mar. 05 2007,01:06)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Joe - You look better bulked up, to be real critical...if that's allowed, some work is still required on the lats, traps look good...keep bulking slowly.

Quad - Wow...big guy...looking good, gut does not look fat, just &quot;lekker&quot; big and one can certainly see it ain't lard.
wink.gif
</div>
Fausto,

I agree. I need to work on lats Bad!

Its hard for me to fill the lats in Rows???

I have tried higher reps lower weight and I have tried HEAVY but my arms (biceps) tend to feel the rows the most?

My lats grew after doing years of wide grip pullups...which grew them some, but by not changing my routine, stalled out. Then I switched to narrow grip and BAM! - in two months I definitely had some lats. (see avatar)
If you are feeling the biceps in your rows too much, try a wider grip. I use about 30-34&quot;. (this is variable depending you how wide your shoulders are)
Using my T-bar row for the 5x5 has allowed my lats to shrink some; I'll be doing wide pullups this next HST cycle. But the T-bar gave me some upper back beef I needed.

Read those Quad, it`s like I guessed, they don`t mess with the diet...which is a poor choice, due to various obvious reasons. If you diet and exercise, it`ll fly away:)

And Joe, sorry for the hijack. In my humble opinion, you should keep bulking until you`re...erm...bulky. Abs and vascularity are casualties of war for the first major bulk(I assume), accept them as such, and you`ll be happy:)

Back