Planning a short workout cycle

• Thread starter imported_fearfactory
  • Start date
I

imported_fearfactory

I'm currently doing a fairly standard HST cycle. It's going to end on 6-29-07. Will push the 5's a couple of weeks to 7-13-07 or so. Or at least I'll be establishing some low rep range maxes during that time <crosses fingers>.

So...I've got a vacation scheduled for 8-4-07. Out of the country w/ my lady. So...I will not be lifting again until probably 8-20. Which is fine, I'll enjoy the vacation.

But...I need to fill that time between July and August in the gym. I'll be coming right to the end of an HST cycle, so I expect to be beat down. Yet, I don't want to stop lifting and decondition for 2 mos.

My current thoughts are to keep lifting Dips, Squats, and Deadlifts in a 3 set range of 8-12 reps. And throwing in isolation lifts (calf raises, bicep/tricep, DB Pullover, hamstring curls, decline DB bench, etc)...

The intent behind this post is to get some opinions on what others have done or would do in my situation.

stick with the 5s for as long as you can then do 10s to maintane what you have untill your sd.

I'd stick with faz's suggestion, but pair down to doing just compound movements - NO ISOs - when your 5's end. I did something similar in the past with great results.

Back