Posing while deconditioning

T:I:R

Hey i´m trying my first HST-cycle next monday. I just want to know if flexing my muscle while i am posing interferes with my deconditioning. afterall it is isometric contractions

Although I can't answer your question I just wnated to say

That is the most original post I have seen on the topic of SD.

I am surprised I haven't seen it asked before.

thumbs-up.gif
thumbs-up.gif
thumbs-up.gif

Unless you're lying down motionless for two or what give you weeks, everything "interferes" with it, to some extent.

It probably does. And maybe I'm wrong, so it might not. We'll never know for sure unless we examine the muscle cells in extremely great detail all throughout your SD.
But is that necessary? Well, no, unless your goal is to write a thesis or white paper probably entitled "SD and the effects of isometeric contractions due to posing".
But your goal (as well as everybody else's) is muscle growth (in the long run, of course; we SD so we decondition the muscle so they'll grow again). So the quick answer really is: "It's not a problem".
Rovi is quite right when he said everything will really "interfere" with SD. Even just walking towards the kitchen and pouring yourself a glass of water from a pitcher containing two liters of water. But will such interference jeopardize your SD? Nope, not really. Don't worry, just avoid working out with weights, and you'll still SD to a useful degree. You don't have to be motionless allthroughout SD - you can do cardio and you'll still get useful SD.
And of course, don't expect miracles. So if you don't become the incredible hulk after your first cycle, don't go around blaming it on your posing, or on HST for that matter.
Hope this helps. Good luck, T:I:R  :)
-JV

dang, that would be a bummer...

don't we all love to pose in front of the mirror, like three times a day?

No? Am I the only one? Please? Am I that twisted already? AAAARrgh

I say dont worry about it...I think in a perfect world of SD you would just sleep for 2 weeks...lol.

But in my opinion we worry to much about lifting...so I say if you want to flex em flex em!

Hello T:I:R :)

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]i am also doing some grease the groove training with my COC-gripper. can that interfere

Well, everything does, actually! But I think what you meant was, "Will this significantly lower the quality of my SD and thus affect the effectiveness of my next workout cycle?", right?

Well, in that case, you could actually answer yourself. Here's some simple guidelines you can use:
1.) Will that activity require so much extended effort for a majority of days during your SD?
2.) More importantly, does that activity cause so much stress? Do you feel it "burns you out", meaning after the activity or even a day or a few days after continually doing that activity, you feel like you don't want to do anything but lie down and rest (CNS fatigue)?

If your answer is yes to both, then yes, IMHO you would be significantly reducing the effectiveness of SD. No need to panic, depending on the activity itself, you might be able to get away with it by extending your SD.

But I don't think the activity you mentioned is too taxing that it'll lead to CNS fatigue. In that case, go ahead, please go on with that and be confident that you aren't screwing up your SD.

Hope this helps. Good luck!  :)
-JV

Back