Power Rack

Discussion in 'Home Exercise Equipment' started by Richard Ross, Jun 3, 2004.

1. Richard Ross

Richard Ross New Member

My best investment in workout equipment (post Oly weight set) has to be my power rack. The main reason I bought it was due to the lack of a spotter. I was never able to go to failure or really push my bench. It also has built in chin up and dip bars. It does take up a lot of space in my bedroom. When I find another woman I'm sure it's going to be an issue. I'm sure she'll give me the ultimatum, either her or the power rack. I sure will miss her. ;-)
    Here's a link to see what the power rack looks like.
    http://www.megafitness.com/ptc0024.html
  2. I've heard some pretty good things about powertec. I agree that a fella really shouldn't have to go without a good power rack.
  3. WhiteBro

WhiteBro New Member

I couldn't agree more.
    I'm only a student, and so I cannot afford too many things when it comes to exercising (or anything else), so I have the basic essentials. I was looking into power racks but I didn't (and don't) have $400+ to spend on one. This was back when I first bought serious equipment for my home. I ended up buying a squat rack instead, which I would use for bench press. BIG MISTAKE. It's VERY difficult to put the bar up on the rack during flat bench, so I have plates under my bench. It's just too high up! As well, I can't do decline bench with them, so I only use dumbells. They're also kind of wobbly since they're two seperate stands. I WISH I BOUGHT A POWER RACK [​IMG] . It would have been so worth the investment....maybe some day!

-WhiteBro