Power Rack

Richard Ross

My best investment in workout equipment (post Oly weight set) has to be my power rack. The main reason I bought it was due to the lack of a spotter. I was never able to go to failure or really push my bench. It also has built in chin up and dip bars. It does take up a lot of space in my bedroom. When I find another woman I'm sure it's going to be an issue. I'm sure she'll give me the ultimatum, either her or the power rack. I sure will miss her. ;-)
Here's a link to see what the power rack looks like.
http://www.megafitness.com/ptc0024.html

I've heard some pretty good things about powertec. I agree that a fella really shouldn't have to go without a good power rack.

I couldn't agree more.
I'm only a student, and so I cannot afford too many things when it comes to exercising (or anything else), so I have the basic essentials. I was looking into power racks but I didn't (and don't) have $400+ to spend on one. This was back when I first bought serious equipment for my home. I ended up buying a squat rack instead, which I would use for bench press. BIG MISTAKE. It's VERY difficult to put the bar up on the rack during flat bench, so I have plates under my bench. It's just too high up! As well, I can't do decline bench with them, so I only use dumbells. They're also kind of wobbly since they're two seperate stands. I WISH I BOUGHT A POWER RACK
crazy.gif
. It would have been so worth the investment....maybe some day!

-WhiteBro

Back