Powerline PFID125W

You know, that's a good question.  I never did see a weight capacity listed for it anywhere.  I'll have to email Body Solid to find out.

[edit] I just emailed Body Solid. I'll let you know what the maximum weight capacity is if/when they reply.

I've got the PFID46 and the comfort of the pads is out of this world. And they guarantee you can't bottom one out; you can't. http://bodysolid.com/Item.aspx?ItemID=42
The one you're getting looks good for your needs, and certainly a lot cheaper; I doubt that you will  be able to hurt it. One piece of advice though; take the bolts out one by one, put threadlock or fingernail polish on the threads and put them back in. I have to pick up about 3 of them for mine...the ones that hold the pads on. Like socks in the laundry; they disappeared!

edit: Oh, and now that I'm deadlifting...I don't even use the curl/extension deal anymore!

Body Solid replied to my email. The bench is only rated to hold 400 pounds including the user. I wasn't expecting it to be that low.

The bench I am getting rid of is a bodysolid.  It is a good bench for bodybuilding, it adjusts from decline to flat to incline with about 15 different angles.  I am getting rid of it, because I am getting into powerlifting and A) the bench has bolted adjustable parts and 'wobbles' slightly  B) The bench is too high (about 21") off the floor, and that makes it difficult to push off the floor with the feet.  A standard powerbench is 17" off the floor I think.

The local 'play it again sports' doesn't have any power benches in, so I ordered this one from elitefitness :
S_DFB.jpg

It looks like you could park a small car on it.
biggrin.gif

You might wanna send that thing back bulldog..haha

Best Ive found so far, for the money, is this one, its priced between the one you bought and the one quadancer shown.  This one has the attachments and a 600 user capacity. $180 shipped.  It resembles the one quadancer shown too, as far as the main supports.  Although, there are usually some decent used package deals on ebay/ craigslist.

http://www.bayoufitness.com/Marcy-Incline-Bench-4050

one day.......

The good and the Bad:
My bench is solid and when you raise the backpad, the seat tilts up to cup your butt too. Using the leg extension with a lot of weight, the front U-shaped floor support wallowed out a little in the bolt holes, so the thing is tilted slightly up. Also, a couple bolts came out from the pads, not being locktighted.
Other than that, the thing is so good I was thinking about trading my machine for a power rack with a couple accessories, but I'll have to keep the bench; you can't do better IMO. I might just go ahead and build a wooden squat rack tho.
Not doing extensions or curls anymore since I discovered I can do deads. And am thinking about freeweight for squats since my back is doing well.

<div>
(need2eat @ Feb. 23 2007,09:08)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">You might wanna send that thing back bulldog..haha</div>
I wish I knew how accurate the 400 pounds was. Honestly it looks stronger than some benches I have seen rated from 500-600 pounds. Maybe they were just conservative with their rating?

I don't know what your goals are, but if you plan on handling heavy weights with that bench, return it. If you weigh under 200, and you never plan on pressing over 300 with the bench, then it is probably fine. But the last thing you want is to bend a bolt, or worse, break the thing doing 400 lb.s board presses or something.

Well, It was either this bench or no bench for at least 6 months (I'm lucky I was even able to get my rack right now).  And the Powertec bench I was looking at is only rated for 500 pounds and cost twice as much.

Right now I only weigh 158 pounds. I don't plan on doing any flat benching on it and it will probably be a while before I can incline press over 200 pounds so it should be fine for a while.  I will be sure I don't load it with more than 400 pounds, that's for sure.

I guess I will probably wait and buy a nice bench down the road.  If I can use this one for a year I will consider my $115 well spent.  Then I can always use it for lighter dumbbell work once it is retired from the power rack.

That's a good call, Bull. I have an old flat bench from a stupid BP machine (Bad Product?) that serves me as a D/B stand, situp bench and play station.
When I lived out in a cabin I used a 4x4, two 2x4's a piece of plywood and some cut down sofa cushions from the dump. That thing would take 1000lbs easy, for about $12.

Ah, the ol' safety rating... If you triangulate the frame by connecting the &quot;feet&quot; via a loop of HT wire: the capacity would be upped way past what you could ever hope to bench! (besides which if your benching in a cage - the safety bars'll save ya)
laugh.gif

The bench looks like it's lacking support for the top end, and I'd think would be a little wobbly. The 20&quot; height is better than the 22-1/2&quot; of my Bodysolid, which I should have mentioned earlier as a problem. The 17&quot; of the powerlifting benches is perfect and should be the standard. I just put some plates on the floor at the foot to compensate.
What looks awesome is their adjustable dumbells, although EXTREMELY overpriced to acheive the 120-lb. set I'd need. 600 bucks would buy me a set of hard d/b's.

i got the set with the bench and the dumbbells and i love them.. haven't needed to get the add-on set, though i did get the ez curl bar to use on some exercises.. they take a small amount of time to change each one, but basically a complete set of dumbbells can fit in the little hole in my basement i call a gym
laugh.gif

Talk about providential! I've been wanting to start squatting light weights, but have no rack of any kind...and I'd stopped benching while the shoulders heal, and I do have my lever machine and bench, along with an old Marcy 2&quot; square tube incline unit that I don't use because the uprights are where I like to put my hands.
Well, my pastor works out, and I found he uses one of those old tubular toys with 1/4&quot; bolts that hold it together (I folded one years ago). I was concerned for his safety and gave him the bench. His wife then says, &quot;maybe you have a use for these:&quot;
and she points out a couple of old cast iron York Barbell squat stands.
Yahoo!!!

Back