Prep for my next cycle - input?

Rotlex

Howdy all,

I'm in the middle of my current 5x5 routine, and am getting ready to do another round of HST. (Been doing the 5x5 for strength gains, and it's been going well). I've cut a few things from the last HST cycle, and just wanted an opinion on the exercise selections below. I plan on starting in the 10 rep range for 2 weeks, and running a minimum of 4 weeks of 5's. I can't do negs as I don't have a partner, so I'm just going to keep ramping the weight over the course of the 5's. Without further ado, here's my current 3 day per week plan, 2 sets per:

Squats - Will rotate days betweend deads and squats
Deads
SLDL
Bench Press
Weighted Dips
Barbell Rows
Chins (Palms facing to hit Bi's harder as well)
Military Press
Behind back shrugs
Seated Calf Raise
Weighted Situps

Decided to drop arm ISO altogether, along with some shoulder ISO I did the last time. I figure I'll be hitting both plenty hard between the rows, dips, chins, shrugs etc. On off days, Tue, Thur, Sat, I plan on doing light cardio - Incline walking on a treadmill which seems to allow me to keep growing, while eating like a slob and not putting on fat, LOL.

Basic I know, but how's it look? Also, this is the first time I'll be skipping the 15's. I just don't think I need them at this point, and have even been considering dumping the 10's, but will do at least a two week run with them. In my experience, the 5 rep range just works wonders for me!

People grow during all phases of the cycle. After all, they are working out and progressively lifting loads. I wouldn't ever cut out the 10's - or even the 15's for that matter.

Looks good, Rotlex. Personally I find that have better results in the 5s and negs - *maybe* 10s... HOWEVER, I'm sure it's usually diet related since I don't crank the cals until half way thru the 10s.

I wouldn't forever dump the 15s. Your joints need a break after all... At least go every other cycle.

As for negs, I don't have a partner either but I"m still able to do them with machines. Well, I should say, with the proper machines. (My current gym situation is now usually limited to a Universal machine and a few free weights.) I would highly suggest trying to figure them out w/machines if you have access to them. Personally, that's when I do them most growing!

Rotlex

W/O looks good! Enough of evrything you need!

I am with Colby, should not dump the 10's ever, the 15's is maybe ok now and then, but not the 10's.

There are certain exercises where it is possible to do negs alone, but mostly on d/b's which would mean iso's so, I could not agree more go as high as you can with 5's for as long as possible.

Can't see what is wrong with that approach!

Thanks for the responses. Yeah, I've been thinking about doing at least a week of the 15's on my next cycle, but I would never drop the 10's.

I guess I'm just so sold on the 5's since my current 5x5 run is going EXTREMELY well.
smile.gif

Back