Protein Shakes And Nutrition

BlueDart

Hey all just curious I sometimes supstitute a meal for a protein shake and was just wondering I know this is bad, but how bad really is it to substitute meals for a protein shake and multi-vitamin?

thanks for any replies

Late

I would think MRPs would be a lot healthier than fast food burgers. A few things about MRPs though, they contain a bunch of carbs and sugars. If you are eating 5-6 meals a day, I would probably cut the serving in half on the MRP. That would still give you roughly 600+ cals.

I guess it really depends on if you are trying to bulk/maintain/cut.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BlueDart @ Sep. 12 2004,3:01)]Hey all just curious I sometimes supstitute a meal for a protein shake and was just wondering I know this is bad, but how bad really is it to substitute meals for a protein shake and multi-vitamin?
thanks for any replies
Late
There is no substitute for "REAL, CLEAN FOOD" so I am not sure why this is "BAD", unless you are eating crap.

OK, now that I have read this again, you are using protein mix and a vitamin in lieu of a meal, then NEVERMIND. A MRP would be better than just protein and vitamins.

replacing your meals with a protein shake isnt really the way to go. after all, they are just considered 'supplements'. meal replacement powders would probably be a better choice. but nothing beats real clean food. they taste better too.

I've allways been fond of 3 meals, 2 shakes. So 5 meals total, spread out 3-4 hours (depending on when i wake and when i'm going to bed).

Breakfast and Dinner can be anything, b/c you're home. You wake up a little earlier than you do now, and you'll have time to make a good breakfast. Dinner, you'll be home (unless you sleep somewhere else) and you can cook a good meal, or i like to set up a crockpot during breakfast so i have a nice meal ready when dinner come's along. Lunch is not allways convenient, i personally eat tuna and fruit right now, just open up a couple cans of tuna and put them in tupperware. Tuna and the fruit in a cooler bag with an ice department (for one of those blue ice pak thingys). And then my 2 shakes are milk and protein powder.

It's simple. Lol. Basically, you just have to prepare everything ahead of time, whether it be the night before or in the morning. It sucks, you are going to spend time not doing something for 'the now' but for 'the later'. We humans don't like doing that. Lol. We want things for now. Like results from lifting, we want them now, but they aren't coming until later. That's why so many drop out and fail their body recomposition goals.

Another convenient option for a meal is cottage cheese and fruit, both allready packaged for you.

Hope this helped,
Lance

Back