Pull up Bands!!!

_Simon_

Heyhey, there's not much goin on in THIS forum... haha

but anyways, I was wondering if anyone here has ever purchased pull up bands (which help to pull you up, in effect acting like an assisted pull up machine).

I live in Australia, but has anyone found any cheap ones anywhere for those who work out at home???

thanks!
biggrin.gif

edit: hmmmm, this should ACTUALLY be in the other forum Home exercise equipment or somethin... oh well!

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">edit: hmmmm, this should ACTUALLY be in the other forum Home exercise equipment or somethin... oh well! </div>

Probably, but oh well...

The bands can be found here.

Not sure about getting these in Australia, but LifeLine bands have been around for a long time.  They have a handle that can take up to three bands --  you can use the handle as a stirrup.  You have to cut off the rotating part of the handles
if you get that kind.

LifeLineUSA

You may have to email them to see if there is a distributor in Australia..

ALSO haha i'm wondering if the band saids &quot;5-35lbs Resistance&quot;, how exactly does that work?
Does this mean it will vary b/w 5-35lbs depending on how much the band is stretched, i.e. the more stretched the more resistance provided? How would this apply to chinups as in what happens when you pull yourself up to the end when you pull yourself down.

thanks!!!
biggrin.gif

I think that the IronWoody site is legit, though I have yet to order from them.

I would guess you are correct: the range is based upon how much the band is stretched.  I don't know how they do it, but the Lifeline numbers are based upon a stretch of 2x the original length.  I have pondered the same issue and the best I can guess is that you measure the stretched length at both ends of the pullup and use the average length. This should give you an average assist, though the resistance is variable from most help at extension to the least assistance near the top.  Nevertheless, you may still have a band stretched to something like 10' at the top of your move.

Get yourself to the nearest chandlers &amp; buy some 12mm bungee chord, about 2m tied into a loop should offer enough assistance... (adjust the loop as necessary)

Back