Question about the sequence of sets during a workout

Yomtlhc

I'm going to start my first week of 10's next week and was wondering if there is any advantage in the way I sequence my sets for the different exercises:

Example:
Approach#1
Inclined dbbell Set 1
Inclined dbbell Set 2
Chin-Ups Set 1
Chin-Ups Set 2

OR:
Approach#2
Inclined dbbell Set 1
Chin-Ups Set 1
Inclined dbbell Set 2
Chin-Ups Set 2

OR:
Approach#3
Perform the 1st set for all the exercices, and then start over again with the 2nd set.

Any idea what approach would be the best? (Obviously the last one allows more time for the muscles to rest, so I'd expect the 2nd set to be much easier than with approach #1)
Thanks in advance!

2 would probably be better if you have the time,and can have your stations set up,but most on here probably do 1.

I use approach #2. Not because there is any inherent benefit hypertrophy-wise, but because I enjoy it more than just sitting and waiting for my next set of something.

I think #2 can be particularly useful when doing multiple sets for calves where you can alternate doing sets for calves with more than one other exercise. Eg. I used to do a set of calf-raises followed by a set of bi-curls, repeat, then a set of calf-raises followed by tri-extensions, repeat, finish up with a final set of calf-raises. Saved a lot of time but did make it more difficult to stand while doing arm work. :)

The second approach would probably be most suitable especially if you are short on time. Efficiency is key.

Back