Question about week 7&8

rzieba

I'm still in my first two weeks of HST, but I wanted to get this cleared up before I reach week 7 & 8. I'm doing 15s,10s,5s so thats 6 full weeks. Now during week 7 & 8 I can either do negatives or use my 5 rep max for each exercise for those two weeks correct? What in your opinion would produce better gains during week 7 & 8? The negs or the 5 rep maxes? If I choose the 5 rep maxes how many sets do you suggest I do?

Neg's produce, in my experience, better strength and size gains. The increased load is why you'll see better results. My 5RM in the dip is 115 and my 5RM with neg's is 150.

Hey :)

If you can do negs, then do negs. Continuing the 5RM instead of the negs is simply an alternative in case you can't do negs for some reason, like you don't have a training partner or something like that.

Regards and good luck!
-JV

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I'm going to try doing two weeks or more of 3's instead of continuing my 5RM... think that's a good idea?

Sure, as long as that's another 5 to 10 pounds at least, then go right ahead. That's very heavy already, so just be careful you don't injure yourself.

Regards and good luck!
-JV

Back