Question before starting my 2nd HST cycle

Yomtlhc

I just finished my first HST cycle last week (currently in SD) and I will be starting my 2nd cycle next week.
Should I stick with the same exercises and increase the loads or would it be beneficial to choose different exercises? (my first cycle was composed of squats, sldl, inclined dbell bench press, dips, chin ups, shoulder dbell press, shrugs, calf raises)
Thank you in advance for your suggestions!

I would also suggest you stick with the same or similar movements. This allows you to have a better sense of progression. If you change everything up all the time things can feel hard or more difficult because of coordination issues without actually creating a strong hypertrophic effect.

Of course, if you found one or more exercises problematic you should swap them out for something that feels better to you and allows sufficient loads to be used.

Thank you for your answers!
The 2 exercises that I'm actually thinking about replacing for the next cycle are dips and skullcrushers (i actually dropped them both during my last week of post 5's because I was starting to feel some pain in my right elbow and forearm).
I replaced them with close grip bench press (which targets triceps and chest also).
Should I stick to the close grip bench press for my next cycle or would the overhead tricep extension (dbell) be better for triceps?
Thank you in advance!

Back