Questions about Protein Supplements

Hudson

I am about to begin my first hs cycle. I know now that pre and post workout protein supplementation is mandatory, but i was wondering if there is any real difference between hsn protein shakes and the generic stuff i can buy at GNC. thanks much
dozingoff.gif

i think Mr. Haycock uses micellar casein driver? and thats the best quality protein you can get. But protein is protein, and if you follow some of the experts in here they would say its all about timing.

goodluck

pzhang

I personally hate GNC. As for protein, you'd most definately want whey protein pre and post. Throughout the day and especially at night you'd want casein protein because it's alot slower digesting, making it have better anti-catabolic properties. I wouldn't use a slow digesting protein after you workout.

I would use a slow protein after a workout.

I haven't tried regular primer or driver yet, but from what I understand, they are just higher quality protein. If you can't afford it, quantity is more important than quality, as many on here have said.
Now Primer+ and Driver+ are a different story...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Totentanz @ April 23 2005,6:00)]I would use a slow protein after a workout.

I haven't tried regular primer or driver yet, but from what I understand, they are just higher quality protein.  

If you can't afford it, quantity is more important than quality, as many on here have said.  

Now Primer+ and Driver+ are a different story...
thumbs-up.gif

thumbs-up.gif

In lieu of quality you can make it up in quantity, but quality still wins out.

thumbs-up.gif
Wonderful stuff

what do you guys do for carbs pre and post workout?

i usually have 40g whey 30 mins pre

and 40g whey and 30g dextrose post w/ 5g creatine, 5 g glutamine

Back