Rassno's 2nd HST cycle

rassno

Hi guys, I've been strength and BB training for 2 years now and have just finished my 1st HST cycle. Made a few mods for my 2nd and will be doing it zigzag style. Let me know what you think.

A Workout B Workout

Squat/Leg Press Deadlift
Bench Chest Dip
Chins Seated Row
Shoulder Lat Raise
Upright Row Rear Lat Raise

Superset:
Biceps/Triceps/Calves 2x (both days)

Volume: (aiming for 20-25 reps)
Week Target Sets
1 15s WU 2 sets, 1x15, 1x10
2 12s WU 2 sets, 2x12
3 10s WU 2 sets, 2x10, 1x5
4 8s WU 2 sets, 3x8
5+6 5s WU 2 sets, 4x5 (or cluster to get to 20 reps)
7+8 5s WU 2 sets, 4x5 (continue with 5RM)

Last edited:
One quick question, how much cardio work could I do on my days off? I'm looking at bringing my Blood Pressure down (It's naturally high). I know a slow jog/walk is beneficial to muscle recovery and can help with growth and strength gains, however I'm wondering about opinions on a mid paced run for say 40mins. Would this be too much work? or would my body adapt and improve?

There are no issues injecting cardio into your cycle so long as you do it sensibly. Just be aware that depending how intense your runs get, they may impact your lower body work for the cycle.

just completed one each of the A and B workouts. (Monaday/Wednesday) with a 20m run on Tuesday. With the B workout I've decided to cut the Shoulder Exercises down to one set each due to the workload. Definitly feel like the first2-3 weeks will improve my conditioning through the roof.

Back