really worth the 15s??

S_F_H

are the 15s really used to avoid getting sore for the next heavier weeks?

im abou to start my 2nd cycle now.. so i wondered if it really worth it!

thx

the 15's are good for your joints

they are also good to build up lactic acid in the muscle before the heavier loading phases start up

that's the short version for ya

okay but is the lactic acid supposed to simply reduce the soreness after every workout? since my joint didnt really suffered last cycle so..

i'm really scared not to do 15s so i usually dedicate a week for 15s (that's only 3 days of 15s). and for the safety of my joints, my warmups for 10s and 5s are like 15s. sometimes even 20s. :)

i think 15s are really necessary . it's like a warmup week for the insanity that's comming up.

S_F_H

The 15's are used to condition the whole body for later heavier poundages.

Their main function is to prepare against injury.

However if you feel you don't need them you can skip them, but if you feel injury coming on or joint pain put them back onto subsequent cycle.

They won't stop you being sore from handling your 5RM or anything...they are simply there for the joints, to serve as prevention/protection.

If you want to skip them for a cycle or for every cycle then feel free.

Do not expect much (if any) muscle growth in this phase though.

You may find them to function as a semi-cardio workout though and could lose a kg or two of bodyweight if you underestimate your caloric requirements (this could be good or bad).

allllrigh! thx everybody!

cuz i know the 15s were for the joint, and i thought they were also there to prevent any soreness to the following heavier workouts..

and is doing only 1 week of 15s enuff? cuz somebody wrote earlier that 3 days was enuff..

They meant that 3 days of workouts = M/W/F = 1 week is enough.

1 week is enough if your joints say so. Just go with it. I you pull up at the end of your cycle without any complaints then it's enough.

Back