Results After 2 Cycles And Some Random Thoughts

SilverBullet

Just finished my 9th week with Cycle 2. Loving the gains. Thanks to the members that suggested I add some accessory lifts for legs. It has really helped me gain strength with deadlifts and squats. Attached is the spreadsheet with all the numbers that would be of interest.

I am not too thrilled that I am starting to stall with OHP and BB bench press. Any suggestions what I should do to help those numbers come up the next cycle?

I am still having issues with my back squat form. I am leaning forward out of the hole and also I feel like my left side is stronger than the right and during the last few reps the left side is bailing me out by my leaning on it (thus straining my right adductor every single heavy set).

If any of you have instagram I log most of my lifts on there. If anyone would care to comment on form would be really appreciated www.instagram.com/double_s_fit

The most awesome thing is that in just two cycles I have regained all my strength that I gained with 5 bulk cycles of HST back in '08. This is also great because I am still about 15lbs less than my LBM back then. I see lots of gains coming in the next cycles

I tried negatives for the first time and they are awesome. I can only do it with pull-ups because I work out alone but maybe I can try to use bands for other lifts to let me load heavier weight during weeks 7 through 9. When I did negs for pull-ups my lats were sore the next few days (and I am never sore after working out).

I used to count calories on an excel spreadsheet. Someone a while back suggested myfitnesspal app. Thank you for that. It's so convenient and easy. Takes me only a few minutes during the day to enter all the numbers.

I probably have more thoughts to post but I'll add them when I think of them again.

Attachments

• cycle2 weight progress.jpg
    cycle2 weight progress.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 18
  • overall HST progress 2-22-15.jpg
    overall HST progress 2-22-15.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Please do a search for exercises you can do negatives with, without a spotter.

There's a large number. Even larger if you have access to a squat rack//power rack w/safety bars.

Please do a search for exercises you can do negatives with, without a spotter.

There's a large number. Even larger if you have access to a squat rack//power rack w/safety bars.

I tried searching google for a couple of minutes nothing relevant came up.
I workout from my garage. I have a half-squat rack with safety bars. I know I can do negatives for DLs, Squats, Bench except I have to rerack the weights after each rep. I am not sure I like that idea. Is this what you mean Jester? 1 rep negatives?

The only thing that I came across that seems that could help me with my stalled OHP is to do negatives with DBs. Snatch them up to the top and slowly bring down.

Search this site.
Still didn't find anything relevant. I came across some that you recommended in another thread

- Weighted chins/pulls w/a step/stool. Same goes for dips.
- Smith machine shoulder/incline press (squat it back up).
- Leg press/curl/extension and calf raises; one leg down (negative), two legs up.

Pull-ups and dips I already mentioned that I can do those.
I don't have a smith machine or any machine except a half-rack
Anything in particular for legs if I don't own a machine?

I am not sure what I am missing here Jester, is it something I am obviously overlooking?

You can do Stiff Legged deadlifts two legs up, one leg down (leg goes behind you for balance).

Single leg squats (pistol style) with dumbbells.

I assume you can apply the same principle from Smith Machine to squat rack for OHP's.

Back