Review My Routine Please

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Smirnov, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Smirnov

Smirnov New Member

Hi all, guys. Today I started my first HST cycle. So, please, vote my routine.
    Rep/sets to microcycles
    15x3 2 weeks
    10x3 2 weeks
    5x3 2 weeks
    and 5x3 2 weeks with additions in each exercise in the end.
    Routine

A.
    Bench Press
    Bent over barbell row
    Squats
    Barbell Curl

B. Deadlift
    Pulldown
    Dips - Chest Version
    Military Press

1 week A-B-A
    2 week B-A-B
    Started with 75% of PM

2. TangoDown

TangoDown Member

Do 2x15 instead of 3x15. If you can do pullups, I'd replace the pulldown with chinups. More functional and less opportunity to cheat when the weight gets heavy.

Other than that, looks alright. Pretty minimalist which is a good thing. You can throw in another leg movement if you want IMO. Hack squat, front squat, good morning, etc.

3. Browner

Browner Well-Known Member

Looks good. I agree with Tango, that you only need 2 x 15 instead of 3 x 15. Personally I would do SLDLs for 15 reps, and replace it with full dead lifts at the 10 rep stage, just because full deads for 15 reps, I find it hard to breathe.

Good luck!!

4. Smirnov

Smirnov New Member

Thx for help guys! Lets go

5. mickc1965

mickc1965 Well-Known Member

@Smirnov,

Routine looks good and as previously advised reduce 15 reps phase to 2 sets, but why no shoulder work in Routine A?

Also how do you intend to progress through each microcycle for both routines - 75% / ??% / 100%?

6. Smirnov

Smirnov New Member

I think there is enough indirect load from bench press. IMHO

Sorry, this is my mistake;) 70% / 85% / 100%
    For example my 2x10 pm of bench press is 100 kg. I will have 3 times bench press in 2 week microcycle:
    mon 70 kg 2x15
    fri 85 kg 2x15
    wed 100 kg 2x15.
    It is correctly?

7. mickc1965

mickc1965 Well-Known Member

I personally would use 80 / 90 / 100% as I feel that 70% of each rep range is too low to start with

8. Smirnov

Smirnov New Member

Thx for help!

9. Shomeare

Shomeare New Member

Your routine is very good and i think you might be getting the results now. You are doing it in a nice way. Keep doing.